joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 29-30 storm.

stormtracker

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New snow on what was a clear deck. It actually looks like its more than two but its just a lumpy surface. I'm gonna go low and call it 1.75. Looks to be over out here.

post-178-135679597467.jpg

That's impressive. After looking at your photo I went out and measured on my car. It was the only clear surface to which the bulk of the snow stuck, and incredibly there was 1-inch. Didn't know that much had fallen, and it had to have fallen quickly because it didn't snow more than an hour here in total. What a shame we couldn't have gotten this pre-dawn and gotten more than one-hour's worth. Added to the weeks prior total, we've had 6.5 inches IMBY. Most importantly, we had snow cover since Christmas Eve. The bummer is that - looking at the temp forecasts - if we'd gotten 3 inches today we'd probably would've kept snow cover for at least another week or more.

temps were never going to be an issue...if we had started at 5am with 0.25" precip we would have done ok

yeah probably. it sure doesn't look like it's changing back to all rain here at this pt as long as we keep rates. so wet we're not going to stick much but maybe a dusting still.

I was very afraid of the column...probably more than I should have been, but surface temps were perfectly fine last night when everyone was concerned...even without a high pressure...since when did 36/27 become a bad early evening temp reading the night before a storm?

Archived