EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
December 29-30 storm.

stormtracker

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least for someone along the east coast this is going to be a good storm.

a lot of complaining going on up there

problems with rain mixing or all rain around Box on east believe it or not

EDIT: that will teach me to start to post then come back to it much later before finishing; Randy beat me to it!

I get the impression Boston is doing pretty well from what I have been able to read. Only certain small sections on the east side/south side are struggling with precip type. It would be like if everyone in Baltimore was getting snow except the Inner Harbor and Fells Point.

I'm really tired of these POS marginal air masses. Forecast low last night of 26 and awoke to 34F. Temp dropped to 31 for a time under the heavier snow, then jumped up to 40 when the sun broke out. After the clouds and wind came back the temp still climbed up to 42F for the high this afternoon. Talk about a forecast bust. Now there is talk in the lr about a pattern shift to warmth and storm tracks again to our west in 10 days. Did we ever really switch from that pattern in the first place?

I get the impression Boston is doing pretty well from what I have been able to read. Only certain small sections on the east side/south side are struggling with precip type. It would be like if everyone in Baltimore was getting snow except the Inner Harbor and Fells Point.

Lame

Snow picking up 22 degrees hot tub 104

You guys within the boundaries of the "TRUE MID ATLANTIC" forum get all the fun and action while some of us get nothing or a few leftover peripheral flakes after your mountains eat our snow. Enjoy the new local and great snow climo. Some parts of this region are snow magnates and you picked a great spot. Post some picts of the snow, not you in the hottub!

I assumed Midlo was just visiting Canaan Valley. I don't think he moved there. If he did, that is pretty pimp, and I salute him.

Not sure. The tone of one of his posts made it sound like it was a relocation. If it is that is pimpin. It is nice to escape the confines of the interstate and concrete jungle, and I have the greatest respect for those who are financially or otherwise skilled enough to find beneficial employment to make that happen.

Not sure. The tone of one of his posts made it sound like it was a relocation. If it is that is pimpin. It is nice to escape the confines of the interstate and concrete jungle, and I have the greatest respect for those who are financially or otherwise skilled enough to find beneficial employment to make that happen.

he can't be living there, he's in a hot tub

no sane person goes out into a hot tub at home when it's in the 20's lol

New Years weekend vacation. I wish I lived here snowing mod. 21 degrees

Cool!

Just got back from the 'Shoe. Usual horizontal snow (I think I can remember one storm where the snow actually fell vertically up there). Left home in am with 0.5-0.6 new snow, returned to less than before this am's storm, sun must have been out! Anyway, blizzard would be a good description of todays weather up there, 20's and snow, 30-40 mph winds with lots of drifting. On way home snowed most of way, various intensities. Wind blowing at a pretty good clip here now with flurries. Congrats to those NE of me that got some snow, I knew looking at radar last night a bust of the 2-5 was in the works for here and I-81 corridor.

New Years weekend vacation. I wish I lived here snowing mod. 21 degrees

Yeah, it is amazing how easily snow comes to those areas. I sit here and fret over 2 inches of slop, but whenever I manage to spend some meaningful time in Oakland it seems to snow at the drop of a hat. Not only that, but everything over-performs out there. Forecasts for 3-6 seem to always turn into 8-12 on the ridges.

Archived