amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 2013 Obs

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll make you feel better. .18 all rain.

Burns, my friend, you worry me. I hate to see anyone enduring drought, and I don't see great totals coming from you. Have any of these systems been good to you?

That curse you put on the Moles, might not be helping, not to mention the cat threats....just a thought, lol. Tony

.6 over night. No flurries here yet, but that's 3.5 of rain for the week, which ain't bad at all. I see some flurries are going thru Atl. Are you seeing any Justin, or Marietta? T

To be honest I haven't been paying attention. Ground outside is wet so i don't know. Maybe Marietta can give a better report.

I'm surprised. It's misting with some flakes mixed in!

Edit: now it stopped but it was going between mist and mist/flurries for a bit

Hmmmm...

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA

439 PM EST SAT DEC 29 2012

...LIGHT SNOW SHOWERS...FLURRIES...OR SLEET EXPECTED THROUGH THIS

EVENING ACROSS NORTH GEORGIA AND NORTHERN PORTIONS OF CENTRAL

GEORGIA...

PERIODS OF LIGHT SNOW OR SLEET CAN BE EXPECTED INTO THIS EVENING

MAINLY NORTH OF A WEST POINT TO MACON TO GIBSON LINE. NO

ACCUMULATION IS EXPECTED ACROSS CENTRAL GEORGIA...HOWEVER LIGHT SNOW

OCCURRING IN THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS IN NORTH GEORGIA...MAINLY ABOVE 2000

FT...MAY SEE SOME LIGHT ACCUMULATIONS OF LESS THAN ONE HALF INCH.

MOTORISTS SHOULD PROCEED WITH CAUTION AS SOME ROADWAYS MAY BECOME

SLICK WHERE SURFACE TEMPERATURES IN THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS ARE

SLIGHTLY BELOW FREEZING. VISIBILITIES MAY ALSO BE TEMPORARILY

REDUCED IN AREAS OF SNOW SHOWERS.

We were crushed again in Williston, VT! (I am here until Thursday). 8.5" overnight into this morning following the 14" on Thursday. We started with a 12" depth on this one so we ended up with 20.5" on the ground! It was absolute fluff this time.

post-139-0-42702700-1356893334_thumb.jpg

Thanks for sharing man! What do you think the rate was when you were recording ?

Been a while since I have witnessed that much on the ground with such a great rate of snow coming down.

Awesome! Enjoy.

We were crushed again in Williston, VT! (I am here until Thursday). 8.5" overnight into this morning following the 14" on Thursday. We started with a 12" depth on this one so we ended up with 20.5" on the ground! It was absolute fluff this time.

28 out here in the country. Man what a moon rise tonight, go check it out. If the clouds stay out of the way I'll have a chance to get to or below the seasonal low of 19. Great Video Eyewall. Ashame I have to go to Ski webcams and NE threads to remember what snowfall actually looks like. That little event last Februay wasn't enough then and certainly has me anxious to see the real deal IMBY for a change.

Thanks for sharing man! What do you think the rate was when you were recording ?

Been a while since I have witnessed that much on the ground with such a great rate of snow coming down.

Awesome! Enjoy.

It was absolute fluff (likely 30:1 at least) so with that mind probably 2-3" per hour for a time.

Killer Jeremy. Glad you got to live through it and get some great video!!

Now bring some of that mojo back down south :)

Thank you and I will try. Overall not looking forward to coming back in all honesty. Doesn't look like anything on the horizon there except for a marginal event possible at the end of this week.

Killer Jeremy. Glad you got to live through it and get some great video!!

Now bring some of that mojo back down south :)

Thank you and I will try. Overall not looking forward to coming back in all honesty. Doesn't look like anything on the horizon there except for a marginal event possible at the end of this week.

Who would want to leave that winter wonderland? As said above we expect you to bring some of that glory south with you!

bring this back with u. I wish we could get a 6 inch snowstorm. what u guys got was unreal.

Archived