northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Winter '12/'13 Complaint Thread

dmc76

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people are going to look silly in a week or so, just sayin.

Diamond Rio - In a week or two

A little more time

Was all I needed

But somehow December weather became April

But put off today

What you can do tomorrow

Sometimes you don't do a thing

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...DETROIT

340 PM EST THU DEC 13 2012

EARLY THIS EVENING

SUNNY. NEAR STEADY TEMPERATURE IN THE MID

40S. SOUTH WINDS 5 TO 15 MPH.

TONIGHT

MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS 28 TO 32. SOUTHWEST WINDS 5 TO

15 MPH.

FRIDAY

MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS 42 TO 46. LIGHT SOUTHWEST WINDS.

FRIDAY NIGHT

MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS 30 TO 34. LIGHT EAST WINDS.

SATURDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF LIGHT RAIN

THEN

LIGHT RAIN. HIGHS 41 TO 45. SOUTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE

OF RAIN 80 PERCENT.

SATURDAY NIGHT...CLOUDY. LIGHT RAIN LIKELY

THEN A CHANCE OF

LIGHT RAIN. LOWS 38 TO 42. SOUTH WINDS 5 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE OF

RAIN 70 PERCENT.

SUNDAY

MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF LIGHT RAIN. HIGHS 46 TO

50. CHANCE OF RAIN 30 PERCENT.

SUNDAY NIGHT

MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS 35 TO 39.

MONDAY

MOSTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS 40 TO 44.

MONDAY NIGHT

PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS 30 TO 34.

TUESDAY

MOSTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS 38 TO 42.

TUESDAY NIGHT

PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS 29 TO 33.

WEDNESDAY

PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS 38 TO 42.

WEDNESDAY NIGHT

MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS. LOWS

31 TO 35. CHANCE OF SNOW 30 PERCENT.

THURSDAY

CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS. HIGHS 38 TO 42.

CHANCE OF SNOW 30 PERCENT.

I have a complaint, why are we talking about snowmobiling in like 4 threads but not in this thread -->

Possibly because its winter and weather factors into it.... Many people come here to discuss weather in regard to their interests. Have you ever visited the New England sub-forum.... It's 50/50 banter/weather.... Lighten up.

Jon

Possibly because its winter and weather factors into it.... Many people come here to discuss weather in regard to their interests. Have you ever visited the New England sub-forum.... It's 50/50 banter/weather.... Lighten up.

Jon

Bad example to help strengthen your point, the banter there is horrible. So ya it might be best to not have banter in every thread like that sub forum.

attaboy SSC! Now you're cook'n with gas!

that's how you do a complaint thread proud!

After a disaster winter in 2011-12, I waited patiently for 9 months, through heat, humidity, drought, decaying lines of tsra, for a chance at redemption. And this is what mother nature pulls out of her ****?

If you LOVE snow with your whole heart (and I do), anger and rage is the appropriate reaction to this horse****.

After a disaster winter in 2011-12, I waited patiently for 9 months, through heat, humidity, drought, decaying lines of tsra, for a chance at redemption. And this is what mother nature pulls out of her ****?

If you LOVE snow with your whole heart (and I do), anger and rage is the appropriate reaction to this horse****.

you're preaching to the choir dude....

this is my take, (tonight), regarding the next two weeks....rain...cold...rain...back to cold period ending with w/MA snowstorm...back to mild and blah. It's horrible. Nothing can amplify in the middle of the country so we get crappy fast moving ridges and troughs that will deepen too late and threaten the eastcoast.

Hide the knives.

this is my take, (tonight), regarding the next two weeks....rain...cold...rain...back to cold period ending with w/MA snowstorm...back to mild and blah. It's horrible. Nothing can amplify in the middle of the country so we get crappy fast moving ridges and troughs that will deepen too late and threaten the eastcoast.

I WANT to believe that the atmosphere has some semblance of equilibrium and that at the end of the day all this crap evens out. That there's restitution. That there's a 24"+ snowstorm waiting to ameliorate us from this nightmare. But in reality I know I'll be waiting in vain.

Yeah, this is great advice. When your having downtime, always look back at lesser known events like December 1953 or February 1894.

It helps to pass the time. Been making heavy use of these links lately:

http://www.greatlakes.salsite.com/Toledo_Snowstorms.html

http://www7.ncdc.noaa.gov/IPS/

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/data/composites/subdaily_20thc

Perhaps mother nature is just saving it all for the mother of all storms. I'm thinking on Dec 21 = 30" local accumulations. I too have been spending way too much time reading and praying for nothing but torches and rain.

You mean you don't have faith in JBs assurances that the cold is coming. I mean, it's just around the corner. We've got to know that right? :rolleyes:

Gosh, I hope this thread gets to slow down soon. With the snow futility record likely to be broken in Chicago (no measurable snow for the season until at least 12/17)...why does it seem like everything needs to align so perfectly to get snow and cold in winter? It's almost like we know too much about patterns, models, etc. You'd think snow and/or cold would be the "default" scenario in DJF. Sure, I could see things needing to come together nicely to get wintry wx in Nov or March...but in mid-late December? Really?

In summer, it's warm/hot/humid...and there's never a debate whether that will be the case. But in DJF, we struggle for winter.

Carry on.

Toronto = Columbus

BTW, +1 on the rant, Mike.

Archived