Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Winter '12/'13 Complaint Thread

dmc76

lock it in

Kinda early but you wonder if a lot of the winter forecasts might already in be trouble in some regard. December temp anomalies should come down from where they are but I don't remember anyone suggesting a December nearly this warm. Gonna put a lot of pressure on the next couple months.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks awful...mega torch building by the end of the Euro

the 12 hours of false hope I was experiencing for a sudden turnaround to snow and cold was fun while it lasted. Time to make myself at home here once again.

Truth of the matter when it comes to weather, disappointment never lets me down....only hope does.

You seem to forget. This is Toronto. We don't get breaks. Ever. First storm is a bit of wet flakes at first changing to rain. Second storm is a miss to the S/E. End of discussion.

Yeah but I'm sure you weren't saying that this morning or the past couple of days when the EURO was showing a nice storm here. One bad EURO run and that's it? I mean if the euro trends like this for the next few days then yea stick a fork in it but the EURO ensembles were much further north than the OP so that's a good sign. Stay positive my friend.

the 12 hours of false hope I was experiencing for a sudden turnaround to snow and cold was fun while it lasted. Time to make myself at home here once again.

Truth of the matter when it comes to weather, disappointment never lets me down....only hope does.

A lot of major indicies are not looking good either...NCEP says there is going to be a raging positive EPO meaning torch city if that - NAO doesn't come to pass. Also the ECMWF MJO forecasts are for the MJO to hit Phase 5 by early Jan. Torch pattern. Wonder how long it will take to get to Phase 8 (if it does) which a pretty wintry phase. With our luck, it will hit Phase 5 and then go into the Circle of Death. End of rant...

Ugh...I hope those forecasts are wrong, seriously wrong.

Yeah but I'm sure you weren't saying that this morning or the past couple of days when the EURO was showing a nice storm here. One bad EURO run and that's it? I mean if the euro trends like this for the next few days then yea stick a fork in it but the EURO ensembles were much further north than the OP so that's a good sign. Stay positive my friend.

We're two very different people. A sole model (albeit a very good model) showing a storm in fantasy land doesn't make me blink an eye.

As to your last statement ("stay positive my friend"), why should I? My beliefs and actions are governed by observation and rationality. We haven't had a thing to be positive about in 5 years and you want me to go all in on a D8 thread the needle storm? Yeah, ok.

oh, and I keep forgetting to ask you...did you enjoy your 8" of snow on April 23, 2012?

We're two very different people. A sole model (albeit a very good model) showing a storm in fantasy land doesn't make me blink an eye.

As to your last statement ("stay positive my friend"), why should I? My beliefs and actions are governed by observation and rationality. We haven't had a thing to be positive about in 5 years and you want me to go all in on a D8 thread the needle storm? Yeah, ok.

oh, and I keep forgetting to ask you...did you enjoy your 8" of snow on April 23, 2012?

Well fair enough. And that was late april this is now mid december.

Actually I think about this with the GRAND DADDY of all....Jan' 1978 bomb.

Imagine being able to track that with todays models in this forum.

I am not that lucky enough.. 2 feet of pure bliss imby here? ha! This is about the only thing that makes me yearn for the eastcoast.. Yeah it did not snow as much as here but you were good for atleast one epic bomb every 7-8 years or so unlike here where it seems to be 1 in 30+ if that.. lol I think this area used up all of it's bomb potential back in Jan 67, 78 and 79 for the next 100+ years.. :lol:

But yeah that would be sweet. My hunch is if it were to happen the final details would not be ironed out till the storm is cranking.. :guitar: Nothing ever comes easy around here in the modeling world..

Archived