• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
Winter '12/'13 Complaint Thread

dmc76

My complaint is at Lambeau Field with the heater under the field. Whats the point Playing outdoors then just get an indoor stadium

Arena football is as exciting as detroit. Shame on the Packers for having heating elements and grow light to supply the players a nice summer like field that holds up in the middle of december under tonight conditions.. Top shelf franchise.. Take note rest of the North division.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arena football is as exciting as detroit. Shame on the Packers for having heating elements and grow light to supply the players a nice summer like field that holds up in the middle of december under tonight conditions.. Top shelf franchise.. Take note rest of the North division.

Top shelf conditions at your place tonight, aina? Another week it looks like at least until something wintry approaches, hopefully that second system (out around Dec. 18-19) isn't suppression city, because otherwise, looks like we are sandwiched between a rainstorm and a cool dry scenario while the Ohio Valley and Northeast gets pounded.

Top shelf conditions at your place tonight, aina? Another week it looks like at least until something wintry approaches, hopefully that second system (out around Dec. 18-19) isn't suppression city, because otherwise, looks like we are sandwiched between a rainstorm and a cool dry scenario while the Ohio Valley and Northeast gets pounded.

stop posting like you would at AccuWeather.

We haven't seen many "sandwich situations" the past couple winters.... (end sarcasm) I shutter just thinking next week I may be watching the radar, pulling my hair out while Detroit and Ohio get snow.....

We haven't seen many "sandwich situations" the past couple winters.... (end sarcasm) I shutter just thinking next week I may be watching the radar, pulling my hair out while Detroit and Ohio get snow.....

I saw your post earlier about lack of synoptic storms, and I have to disagree, at least on this side of the lake. It helps Milwaukee that we tend to get lake enhancement with our big storms, whereas you tend to get pure lake effect after storms. Our synoptic storm totals here are often inflated due to the lake enhancement, and the past ten years have still offered up plenty of impressive snowstorms, but I guess Muskegon didn't do as well with synoptic storms in years like 04-05, 07-08, 08-09, etc.

I saw your post earlier about lack of synoptic storms, and I have to disagree, at least on this side of the lake. It helps Milwaukee that we tend to get lake enhancement with our big storms, whereas you tend to get pure lake effect after storms. Our synoptic storm totals here are often inflated due to the lake enhancement, and the past ten years have still offered up plenty of impressive snowstorms, but I guess Muskegon didn't do as well with synoptic storms in years like 04-05, 07-08, 08-09, etc.

Yeah, since I moved here, I have been less than impressed with synoptic systems. We really have gotten missed by MANY systems on both sides. I am also a member of a local weather blog, and weather fans in this area are on their last nerve. Summer thunderstorms AND snowstorms. They call it the GRAND RAPIDS BUBBLE and "Grand Rapids Snow Shield". It has happened ALOT around here, which is why I have been pretty grumpy on here (though I can't do anything about it).

I am so happy we managed some clippers in '10-'11 winter...

One of the main reasons I liked the idea of working here and living here was for winter snow, and for the most part, it has been lacking...

Yeah, since I moved here, I have been less than impressed with synoptic systems. We really have gotten missed by MANY systems on both sides. I am also a member of a local weather blog, and weather fans in this area are on their last nerve. Summer thunderstorms AND snowstorms. They call it the GRAND RAPIDS BUBBLE and "Grand Rapids Snow Shield". It has happened ALOT around here, which is why I have been pretty grumpy on here (though I can't do anything about it).

I am so happy we managed some clippers in '10-'11 winter...

One of the main reasons I liked the idea of working here and living here was for winter snow, and for the most part, it has been lacking...

That's how I feel too, even heavy rain events have been hard to come by since 2010. I suppose it's more climo than anything, and perhaps the extreme stormy and snowy weather we had for a period from 2007-2010 was more of an anomaly.

Related to blackrock's post, I had a discussion about Michigan tornado climatology the other day and MI hasn't had a violent tornado in the state since 1980, every other state (except New York perhaps) around the Great Lakes has had one since then.

Actually goes back to 1977 for Michigan.

Related to blackrock's post, I had a discussion about Michigan tornado climatology the other day and MI hasn't had a violent tornado in the state since 1980, every other state (except New York perhaps) around the Great Lakes has had one since then.

I thought the one by Ann Arbor this year was as was the twister in Dundee in 2010

I'm finding it funny how many pick up trucks are driving around with plows hooked up and salt sprayers on back ... wishful thinking I suppose. It's been a good 10 months since any actual plowing has been needed. These guys must be chomping at the bit. On the other hand if they contract a flat monthly rate, talk about a goldmine operation.

I'm finding it funny how many pick up trucks are driving around with plows hooked up and salt sprayers on back ... wishful thinking I suppose. It's been a good 10 months since any actual plowing has been needed. These guys must be chomping at the bit. On the other hand if they contract a flat monthly rate, talk about a goldmine operation.

Try and form 2 columns, name one "positive" and "negative". Try and figure out how many businesses benefit one way or another from warm unseasonable weather. I bet the economic situation of the negatives far outweigh the positives. I actually spend less on Christmas when the weather is warm, no holiday mood.

Jon

Try and form 2 columns, name one "positive" and "negative". Try and figure out how many businesses benefit one way or another from warm unseasonable weather. I bet the economic situation of the negatives far outweigh the positives. I actually spend less on Christmas when the weather is warm, no holiday mood.

Jon

My main line of business is exterior lighting. I can work and sell right through the winter unless we have prolonged snow cover and frozen ground. When that locks in work pretty much comes to a halt. It's one fo the reasons i don't mind so much this kind of weather. However the holidays seem to be a time when business slows anyways, regardless of the weather, so I'm all about snow and cold from about now thru mid JAN. After that, bring on the early torch!! I really hate back loaded winters.

I have several friends that own plowing/landscape companies and many of them rely, at least partially, on that plowing money when they come out of a hungry winter and get ready for spring. This kind of weather and especially a winter like last winter, is a swift kick in their nuts.

I'm seeing that as well! I noticed a salt truck out this morning salting a few areas that froze up overnight. No plowing here since the first week of March!

Was at Menards yesterday and saw some people buying shovels, which I found a bit odd. Maybe they were thinking the snow from Wisconsin was going to come down and surprise them overnight! lol

Awesome new pattern guys. 41 and rain and plenty of mid 40s for the rest of the week into the weekend.

Just think...7-9 days ago it was advertised that this is when the "shoe" would drop and the "cold" would start. That was wrong. Now its another 7-8 days to go before the "shoe" will drop. I see a pattern here and brings back memories of last year.

This is a different winter, with a different type of craptastic weather.

Archived