amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Winter '12/'13 Complaint Thread

dmc76

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At some point the OP is going to have to substitute the word "reality" for the word "complaint" in the thread title.

yep... To be fair it did change, but I'm just frustrated since it looked like a good pattern down here until we lost the ridge.

CFS already building the torch into January.

usT2mMonInd2.gif

Nice and handy list of the least snowiest seasons on record for several locations. All via NCDC records.

For the true doom and gloomer, better to reach for the stars...even if it's December 8. Never too early.

Better luck for all in 2013-14.

Alpena: 31.1" in 1936-37

Chicago: 9.8" in 1921-22

Cincinnati: 1.6" in 1918-19

Cleveland: 8.8" in 1918-19

Dayton: 3.2" in 1918-19

Des Moines: 8.3" in 1965-66

Detroit: 12.9" in 1936-37

Dubuque: 11.0" in 1924-25

Evansville: 0.5" in 2011-12

Fort Wayne: 8.3" in 1931-32

Grand Rapids: 20.0" in 1905-06

Green Bay: 19.2" in 1960-61

Indianapolis: 5.5" in 1918-19

La Crosse: 7.7" in 1967-68

Lansing: 18.0" in 1905-06

Louisville: 0.9" in 1988-89

Madison: 12.7" in 1967-68

Milwaukee: 11.3" in 1884-85

Minneapolis: 14.2" in 1930-31

Moline: 11.1" in 1901-02

Muskegon: 16.0" in 1905-06

Peoria: 7.8" in 1965-66 and 1994-95

Rochester: 9.1" in 1967-68

Rockford: 8.8" in 1933-34

St. Louis: 0.7" in 1931-32

South Bend: 14.1" in 1918-19

Springfield: 5.8" in 1953-54

Toledo: 6.0" in 1889-90

Thank you for compiling this horrible list! Its interesting to see what others all-time futility numbers are.

It's just the beginning. Chicago is already looking ahead to January for their first measurable. The horror.

But I'll reiterate, I'm not serious with my posts in this trainwreck of a thread, except for this: There's gonna great winters, good winters, average winters, so-so winters, and complete dead ratters. But bottom line, we can't do a damn thing about it. The weather will be what it will be. So probably best to enjoy or accept what you get...but always, always hope for the best.

So true. And being snowless on December 8th doesnt mean a DAMN thing on what this winter is going to be. I love the futility list, but I get a kick out of how people actually think theres some heightened chance of making that list this year, when there are anywhere from 4-5 (depending on location) more MONTHS of snow to come. I mean, do you realize how LOW the chances are? I think back to 2005, when we had lots of snow from Thanksgiving through Christmas and the rest of the winter was a nearly snowless torch. That was the nightmare winter for many here until 2011-12, and yet all the cold and snow before Christmas was completely forgotten. But I better stop right now before someone reminds that the pattern is never gonna change (*even though it already has*), the torch weve been in since spring 2011 will never go away (even though its been gone since August), and a lack of snow through mid-December is a sure sign there will be no winter (after all, through today, we should have already seen a whopping 7% of our seasonal snowfall).

This.

Trends die hard! When I hear pattern change in 10days, I will now translate that to 30 days.

:lol: The pattern HAS changed already! Like HM say, you have to be careful how you word things...you say a pattern change is coming, you give a date (in this case, after the 10th is whats been given), and if on the 11th everyone doesnt have deep snow on the ground the pattern hasn't changed.

:facepalm:

December 8 has to a record for the earliest meltdowns, which are occurring as we speak. Congrats.

As sick as it...and it's sick, I can't lie though.This is pure entertainment. Literally lol'ing. I'm kinda hoping to see some go snowless into January just to see how bad it gets.

Pattern change is a mere technicality. The weenies want cold and snow in their backyards dang it.

...and I don't know anyone here who isn't a 'weenie' in this case. Who cares if the 500mb pattern has changed, or what the AO is or if the stratosphere is warming.

If it's raining out my window in December...yet again...that just plain blows.

Kudos to this thread starter...it might just be the only release valve I have this winter. This sucker might crack 100 pages by March 1st.

Cheering for futility is for Cubs fans and losers. Wait...

:P

I don't understand what futility some are cheering for? Other than times between measurable snowfall for Chicago? Glad this is a complain thread, because theres no better place for a rant like this one. It is mindblowing to me, simply mindblowing, how idiotic some are if they think our chances of a futility winter are any higher now than they are 90% of the time on this date. And whats really funny is I actually saw it last year with all the "stat-padding" comments. People THINK that its not fair in a sucky winter now-a-days to have a snowfall that melts in a day, or a late-season snowstorm, or anything like that...to screw up the possibility of overtaking that futility mark. Because, you know, all these other years when the futility records were set, the snowfall was very evenly dispersed and nothing strange ever happened like getting a late season snowfall, or a snowfall that melted in a day...no...that only happens today :axe: And lets say something happens like Chicago gets 0.3" on Dec 14th and then nothing again til Dec 27th when they get an inch. We will hear everyone saying that the 0.3" screwed up things because it was a worthless dusting and all it did was mess with the records and not make it look like as impressive a streak as it was....but guess what....go through the records, and you will find NUMEROUS times when a dusting or two is all that screwed up a what could have also been a very long stretch of futility.

December 8 has to a record for the earliest meltdowns, which are occurring as we speak. Congrats.

As sick as it...and it's sick, I can't lie though.This is pure entertainment. Literally lol'ing. I'm kinda hoping to see some go snowless into January just to see how bad it gets.

lol...no need to downplay it though...there's a reason our measurable snow record is going to fall Monday. This meltdown is nearly a year in the making.

I've come a full 360 with my sports teams and no longer whine like a baby when they lose.. I know I'll never get there when it comes to snow..especially warm Decembers with a lack of snow.. December and Christmas are my favorite time of yr and when it feels like St Louis most of the month I'll always have my crybaby moments. Jan and Feb I'm getting a lot better with unless its a total blowtorch and I have to listen to everybody's loud annoying mouth eating it up like they are in a nachos eating contest at the cinema.

I totally agree. When part of the reason I moved to a location is because of its winter weather and it feels like Tennessee much of the time, it can be quite disheartening. If I wanted HOT summers and brown ground during the winter, I would have looked for a job in Tennessee!

:lol: The pattern HAS changed already! Like HM say, you have to be careful how you word things...you say a pattern change is coming, you give a date (in this case, after the 10th is whats been given), and if on the 11th everyone doesnt have deep snow on the ground the pattern hasn't changed.

:facepalm:

Nah man. Look outside and pull up the models, its not a good pattern regardless if it has changed. If this is the "good" pattern as promissed by the NE Mets, then we are ****ed. Im with SSC it wont be long before this December gets a writeoff. It is what is....

I don't understand what futility some are cheering for? Other than times between measurable snowfall for Chicago? Glad this is a complain thread, because theres no better place for a rant like this one. It is mindblowing to me, simply mindblowing, how idiotic some are if they think our chances of a futility winter are any higher now than they are 90% of the time on this date. And whats really funny is I actually saw it last year with all the "stat-padding" comments. People THINK that its not fair in a sucky winter now-a-days to have a snowfall that melts in a day, or a late-season snowstorm, or anything like that...to screw up the possibility of overtaking that futility mark. Because, you know, all these other years when the futility records were set, the snowfall was very evenly dispersed and nothing strange ever happened like getting a late season snowfall, or a snowfall that melted in a day...no...that only happens today :axe: And lets say something happens like Chicago gets 0.3" on Dec 14th and then nothing again til Dec 27th when they get an inch. We will hear everyone saying that the 0.3" screwed up things because it was a worthless dusting and all it did was mess with the records and not make it look like as impressive a streak as it was....but guess what....go through the records, and you will find NUMEROUS times when a dusting or two is all that screwed up a what could have also been a very long stretch of futility.

Josh, just let people have their rant, dude. Sometimes when people are emotionally frustrated, they don't want rationality. They just want to vent. You are not the board psychologist. Yes, you can throw statistics and positivity at them...but in reality it is just kind of irritating and not serving much. If people ranting bothers you that much, it might be best for you to avoid the COMPLAINT thread.

lol...no need to downplay it though...there's a reason our measurable snow record is going to fall Monday. This meltdown is nearly a year in the making.

No worries, the stat guys will show us how we can still get a La Epic winter no matter how long the streak goes on.. In the mean time we should pretend it's all Jolly in the weather world.

Even if we do punt most of December I'm sure many could still score at least 75% of their avg seasonal snowfall which would feel pretty epic indeed.

No worries, the stat guys will show us how we can still get a La Epic winter no matter how long the streak goes on.. In the mean time we should pretend it's all Jolly in the weather world.

lol, cut me deeply.

Nope, no stats from me for future hope. So you're good to go.

Nah man. Look outside and pull up the models, its not a good pattern regardless if it has changed. If this is the "good" pattern as promissed by the NE Mets, then we are ****ed. Im with SSC it wont be long before this December gets a writeoff. It is what is....

I Look outside? Gray and wet. Look at the models? They change every 6 hours. And this is not the good pattern promised by the NE mets, because it wasnt even supposed to have started by now (colder, snowier sensible weather that is). We have been told since Thanksgiving the first 10 days of Dec are shot.

It's just the beginning. Chicago is already looking ahead to January for their first measurable. The horror.

But I'll reiterate, I'm not serious with my posts in this trainwreck of a thread, except for this: There's gonna great winters, good winters, average winters, so-so winters, and complete dead ratters. But bottom line, we can't do a damn thing about it. The weather will be what it will be. So probably best to enjoy or accept what you get...but always, always hope for the best.

I enjoy your cross trolling.

Archived