• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Winter '12/'13 Complaint Thread

dmc76

Going to be really cool watching that first web cam as the sun is about to rise (daylight), we get to see better.. :) LOL.. If we cant enjoy the snow in real life, we can watch a web cam LOL....Really? We've gotten to this stage? That desperate? LOL

It's ridiculous actually that were watching a Snow storm in Croatia.

Have you noticed "normal non-weather freaks" talking about the lack of snow?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CHeck this out, now this is how it's in Europe :) People go outside LOL... Enjoy the snow haha!! BUt honestly, when I lived in Germany, we used to get snows, but nothing huge, like a few inches was amazing, and everyone goes outside, especially at night. People are walking outside at 3am, such a different atmosphere...Here everyone goes crazy LOL...you mention 6" snowfall, it's like wow..the world is ending, schools close, people don't go to work, over there totally different..

http://www.skylinewe...a-jelacica.html

Its not even getting cold enough to make man made snow at night at the local ski hill except for one night so far and it looks like one or maybe 2 nights all of next week with highs getting near 40 at times. avg today at the airport is 35/23 and inland more at the ski hill probably a few degrees cooler at night. This is back to back abortions, twins this yr to start December but at least they could at least make snow for a week straight in early December last yr.

And yes, I know we can go several Mid Atlantic like Decembers in a row with crappy starts and this very well could be another long stretch... but its nice to have a place to let off some frustrations without being judged instead of kicking cats and babies.. And of course I'm kidding about kicking things, stebo, so you don't have to run with another post of mine to DaBenchmark or report me here.

And of course the Grinch storm right before Christmas pops up on the 18z gfs.. Yeah shame on me for looking out that far but, w/e

lol

Anyone in the OV might as well find another hobby for now. Farther north I'd still hold out a little hope.

I'm working 10-12 hour days until Christmas. Make a little extra money and I'm not sitting in front of the computer watching storms disintegrate on the models.

The first half of last winter was a snowless torch, but we actually got 22" of snow after January 12th, which is pretty good considering the avg season total is 30-35". We could easily do worse than 22" and I'm pretty sure we did early last decade and in the 90s. Unfortunately, all of our recent above normal snowfall winters have begun with a snowy December so this winter, like last, is off to an ominous start.

At least seeing several storm potentials on the models in the mid range is encouraging, that is far, far more than we can say with last year, the pattern towards around a week out over the Central portion of the country looks to become substantially turbulent with possibly multiple waves undergoing amplification/potentially significant cyclogenesis to the leeside of the Rockies...although I'll believe it when I don't see them **** the bed like these two more recent ones.

Nice and handy list of the least snowiest seasons on record for several locations. All via NCDC records.

For the true doom and gloomer, better to reach for the stars...even if it's December 8. Never too early.

Better luck for all in 2013-14.

Alpena: 31.1" in 1936-37

Chicago: 9.8" in 1921-22

Cincinnati: 1.6" in 1918-19

Cleveland: 8.8" in 1918-19

Dayton: 3.2" in 1918-19

Des Moines: 8.3" in 1965-66

Detroit: 12.9" in 1936-37

Dubuque: 11.0" in 1924-25

Evansville: 0.5" in 2011-12

Fort Wayne: 8.3" in 1931-32

Grand Rapids: 20.0" in 1905-06

Green Bay: 19.2" in 1960-61

Indianapolis: 5.5" in 1918-19

La Crosse: 7.7" in 1967-68

Lansing: 18.0" in 1905-06

Louisville: 0.9" in 1988-89

Madison: 12.7" in 1967-68

Milwaukee: 11.3" in 1884-85

Minneapolis: 14.2" in 1930-31

Moline: 11.1" in 1901-02

Muskegon: 16.0" in 1905-06

Peoria: 7.8" in 1965-66 and 1994-95

Rochester: 9.1" in 1967-68

Rockford: 8.8" in 1933-34

St. Louis: 0.7" in 1931-32

South Bend: 14.1" in 1918-19

Springfield: 5.8" in 1953-54

Toledo: 6.0" in 1889-90

Probably safe for a few more yrs until we repeat the early 1900 decades.

It's just the beginning. Chicago is already looking ahead to January for their first measurable. The horror.

But I'll reiterate, I'm not serious with my posts in this trainwreck of a thread, except for this: There's gonna great winters, good winters, average winters, so-so winters, and complete dead ratters. But bottom line, we can't do a damn thing about it. The weather will be what it will be. So probably best to enjoy or accept what you get...but always, always hope for the best.

I've come a full 360 with my sports teams and no longer whine like a baby when they lose.. I know I'll never get there when it comes to snow..especially warm Decembers with a lack of snow.. December and Christmas are my favorite time of yr and when it feels like St Louis most of the month I'll always have my crybaby moments. Jan and Feb I'm getting a lot better with unless its a total blowtorch and I have to listen to everybody's loud annoying mouth eating it up like they are in a nachos eating contest at the cinema.

I've come a full 360 with my sports teams and no longer whine like a baby when they lose.. I know I'll never get there when it comes to snow..especially warm Decembers with a lack of snow.. December and Christmas are my favorite time of yr and when it feels like St Louis most of the month I'll always have my crybaby moments. Jan and Feb I'm getting a lot better with unless its a total blowtorch and I have to listen to everybody's loud annoying mouth eating it up like they were in a nachos eating contest at the cinema.

I feel ya. I do hate the general public's joy at warm, essentially snowless winters. Of course those happen more frequently here in the LAF, but I understand that. Accept my fate I guess.

These are my favorite four months of the year, so "losing" part of it sucks. But I've gotten over being down about it. Don't know why really. Maybe it's age. Maybe it's the craptastic winters I've lived through in the past. Maybe it's the pretty good run we had here from Feb 2007 to Feb 2011. The other shoe has to drop I suppose, talking MBY. I only wish that somewhere in the region can enjoy a good stretch of decent winter. Hopefully that happens at some point soon.

Archived