• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter '12/'13 Complaint Thread

dmc76

I didn't want to clog up the long term thread, so this the perfect place to do it. The talk is the day 8/9 GFS storm and how we should wait until day 5 to start a thread. I wouldn't start one at all, because it will most likely drop a deuce on the futon when it gets into the short term range anyway, just like most of the 'storms' have lately. /End rant.

This is why I always say wait until its in the 5-6 day range. Instead of needlessly creating a thread for something 10 days out.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant help but notice how the real cold keeps getting pushed further back. Not one sub freezing day in my 5-7 day forecast.

I know you climo guys will say thats exceptable based on historical stats but i find it odd and anoying.

Normal is 38 right now, I believe. So what you are saying is that we are looking for a near normal week?

Where is winter? IN EUROPE! Spoke with a friend from Germany, some places in S//Germany got 3 feet of snowfall. Germany is known for gloomy/ugly/rain weather, however they still are getting all of that but with the COLD air around. Tons of cold air, record cold to be exact. With all the storms hitting Germany, and the cold air around, instead of rainy, it's snowy now. Not just across Germany, but most of Europe....And finally here is a webcam

Croatia:

http://www.pljusak.c...rinje/cam_1.jpg

And a beautiful view of my home city where I grew up! :)

http://www.helifliegen.de/Skycam/webcam/current.jpg

Where is winter? IN EUROPE! Spoke with a friend from Germany, some places in S//Germany got 3 feet of snowfall. Germany is known for gloomy/ugly/rain weather, however they still are getting all of that but with the COLD air around. Tons of cold air, record cold to be exact. With all the storms hitting Germany, and the cold air around, instead of rainy, it's snowy now. Not just across Germany, but most of Europe....And finally here is a webcam

Croatia:

http://www.heliflieg...cam/current.jpg

Awesome views! Thanks for sharing.

Croatia:

http://www.heliflieg...cam/current.jpg

Yep my friend who lives in Geneva has been complaining to me daily that it is snowing often and heavily.

Its not even getting cold enough to make man made snow at night at the local ski hill except for one night so far and it looks like one or maybe 2 nights all of next week with highs getting near 40 at times. avg today at the airport is 35/23 and inland more at the ski hill probably a few degrees cooler at night. This is back to back abortions, twins this yr to start December but at least they could make snow for a week straight in early December last yr.

And yes, I know we can go several Mid Atlantic like Decembers in a row with crappy starts and this very well could be another long stretch... but its nice to have a place to let off some frustrations without being judged instead of kicking cats and babies.. And of course I'm kidding about kicking things, stebo, so you don't have to run with another post of mine to DaBenchmark or report me here.

And of course the Grinch storm right before Christmas pops up on the 18z gfs.. Yeah shame on me for looking out that far but, w/e

I wonder why I have access to so many model packages (AccuWX, StormVista, Weather Bell, etc...) but the majority of the long range forecasts are crap now. I look at the CFS V2 and I see the country in dark shades of blue. 24 hours later, those blues are replaced by reds. Right now it's all useless and I am now trying not to look at anything past 120 hours. Of course I have access to the LR models so guess what? I look at them before I look at anything else. :wacko:

If there's a bright-side from a recreational/economical perspective, it's that areas in the upper lakes that flourish when it snows have seen their fair share recently. However, in the majority of the sub-forum, this will be the second strait year ski-resorts open late...deer hunting season here in Ohio has been an abortion with no snow to speak of.

Just looking at things, I'm not sure ski-resorts here in NE Ohio will be able to open at all in December...of course, it only takes one good snow and a few days of cold surrounding it to get them open even in a mild pattern overall, but that's not a given at this point yet.

If there's a bright-side from a recreational/economical perspective, it's that areas in the upper lakes that flourish when it snows have seen their fair share recently. However, in the majority of the sub-forum, this will be the second strait year ski-resorts open late...deer hunting season here in Ohio has been an abortion with no snow to speak of.

Just looking at things, I'm not sure ski-resorts here in NE Ohio will be able to open at all in December...of course, it only takes one good snow and a few days of cold surrounding it to get them open even in a mild pattern overall, but that's not a given at this point yet.

Just wanted to say that your posts on the pattern have been very good. Keep em coming.

Its not even getting cold enough to make man made snow at night at the local ski hill except for one night so far and it looks like one or maybe 2 nights all of next week with highs getting near 40 at times. avg today at the airport is 35/23 and inland more at the ski hill probably a few degrees cooler at night. This is back to back abortions, twins this yr to start December but at least they could at least make snow for a week straight in early December last yr.

And yes, I know we can go several Mid Atlantic like Decembers in a row with crappy starts and this very well could be another long stretch... but its nice to have a place to let off some frustrations without being judged instead of kicking cats and babies.. And of course I'm kidding about kicking things, stebo, so you don't have to run with another post of mine to DaBenchmark or report me here.

And of course the Grinch storm right before Christmas pops up on the 18z gfs.. Yeah shame on me for looking out that far but, w/e

:lmao:

After last winters disaster my guard went into Mid Atlantic mode. Thus be prepared for the worst. Ofcourse i as well strongly suspect the crap pattern is on it's last legs as well. :weenie:

Looks like a 6-8 inch event. :(

Going to be really cool watching that first web cam as the sun is about to rise (daylight), we get to see better.. :) LOL.. If we cant enjoy the snow in real life, we can watch a web cam LOL....Really? We've gotten to this stage? That desperate? LOL

Archived