joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter '12/'13 Complaint Thread

dmc76

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Granted it does look better the farther north you are but I'm just not seeing how it is a particularly favorable pattern farther southward into the OV.

this is a good point. Our region is huge. When I'm whining and complaining it applies to the far southeastern range of our region....so when I get eye-rolls from folks in MI, WI, and N.IL....it's kind of silly.

I would much rather be in the spot they find themselves in those areas. They may not be slated for brutal cold for awhile, but they definitely are cold enough for snow when a storm finally gets it's act together...and it will. Prospects down here in the tropical locales of our region are downright dismal in the near, mid, and even long term.

this is a good point. Our region is huge. When I'm whining and complaining it applies to the far southeastern range of our region....so when I get eye-rolls from folks in MI, WI, and N.IL....it's kind of silly.

I would much rather be in the spot they find themselves in those areas. They may not be slated for brutal cold for awhile, but they definitely are cold enough for snow when a storm finally gets it's act together...and it will. Prospects down here in the tropical locales of our region are downright dismal in the near, mid, and even long term.

For SEMI to get snow, would mean a favorable track for OH/IN. At least the North end of those states.

For SEMI to get snow, would mean a favorable track for OH/IN. At least the North end of those states.

Indiana that's true, but for Ohio it's only true for the NW portion of the state.

Pretty much any track favoring a blockbuster for MI, even Detroit area, requires the low to track way too close to Ohio to keep it mostly frozen.

Weingartz commercial said in October if you buy a snowblower and Detroit does not get over 20" you can return it and get a refund......

Some people use the snowblower for every snow 1"+, but some only for the bigger ones. Used a snowblower once last winter but DTW still got 26". They have themselves pretty good odds. This will be Detroit's 133rd winter recording snowfall, and only 10 winters have seen less than 20", most recently in 1968-69 when only 17.1" fell (1982-83 had exactly 20.0").

I've had over 12" of snow so I can't complain if I'm adhering to Indiana standards, but we are well below up here and the local are getting cranky. They take alot of pride in living in a major snowbelt. The hunters, the ski resorts, the snowmobilers are all up in arms. even with the "milder" than normal weather, lakes are skimming over with ice in shallow areas.

:lmao:

Wanna make a bet? I say LAF sees at least 6" total this December.

Could happen, but we will probably have to rely on the last 10-15 days of the month. Just don't see a mechanism to get sustained cold into the OV/east yet. Of course you don't always need sustained cold to get snow.

Could happen, but we will probably have to rely on the last 10-15 days of the month. Just don't see a mechanism to get sustained cold into the OV/east yet. Of course you don't always need sustained cold to get snow.

I don't think the pattern looks that bad for us, in LAF...as modeled of course. It's not perfect mind you, but I do think we'll have opportunities. And really, that's all you can ask for right now. Maybe we lose, maybe we win a few. Don't know right now. The 6"+ is going out on a limb, but I'm taking a positive stance.

Alright, enough optimism for this thread. I apologize. :D

I don't think the pattern looks that bad for us, in LAF...as modeled of course. It's not perfect mind you, but I do think we'll have opportunities. And really, that's all you can ask for right now. Maybe we lose, maybe we win a few. Don't know right now. The 6"+ is going out on a limb, but I'm taking a positive stance.

Alright, enough optimism for this thread. I apologize. :D

You want some really negative spin? Say it's Dec 20 and we're still waiting for a significant snow. By that point there's only about 6 weeks before the increasing sun angle becomes noticeable, at least a little bit.

You want some really negative spin? Say it's Dec 20 and we're still waiting for a significant snow. By that point there's only about 6 weeks before the increasing sun angle becomes noticeable, at least a little bit.

And before the lemmings start flying...

Wow, you moved into a 3 bedroom apt on Debbie Downer Avenue with Alek, SSC, and Chicago Storm. Who's sleeping on the couch?

Archived