joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
11/7 - 11/8 Nor'easter Obs

Rtd208

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last nights 00z run had a landfalling surface low with 60 kt sustained winds on the NJ Shore, so you that should answer your question.

grasping at straws since i heard it shows decent precip for the island overnight. oh well, still appears to be a moderate band setting up that will persist over much of the area.

2 inches or so here in northern commack. amazing gradient to the east, but looks like a final deform band might form over central LI and help boost some totals.

..you got that gradient right..zero on the ground here in Eastport.

had mostly rain..occasionally mixed..but not too upset..its nov.7th..

Light rain with a few flakes mixed in Rocky Point. Howling winds off the sound. Had a newly downed tree half blocking the road to my house on the way home. BNL was snowing lightly when I left there at 20:00. Wouldn't mind seeing some more significant snow. Glad to see the folks up west getting a surprise-ish pasting. Hope for the best for the folks who don't need this right now.

1938-39...8.8" and 4.0" in November...It ended up close to 40"...8.8" storm in January...1898-99 had two storms also...February 1899 wasn't to shabby...

19.0" in November 1898 mostly from 2 storms late in the month, one of which was the famous Portland storm. That winter would up at 55" in NYC.

Here are the monthly snow totals for November 1938 - March 1939 (37" total):

12.8 1.7 10.3 5.5 7.0

Archived