• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
11/7 - 11/8 Nor'easter Obs

Rtd208

Yes, definitely. Basically wanted to advocate using some judgement and not just sticking a ruler down into the grass and reporting that snowing3.gif

I suspect that was the issue with the 2.5" St James LI report early this evening. It could be correct, but that's about 2 miles from here and we had not much more than half an inch at the time.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

unfortunately Im out of the area for this one but its good seeing all of you having fun with this.. i been watching radar all evening long, im loving it! my parents in South Brunswick report around 7/8 inches which is just nuts. unfortunately they lost power again and still have telephone poles and power lines down on their driveway and front yard.

I suspect that was the issue with the 2.5" St James LI report early this evening. It could be correct, but that's about 2 miles from here and we had not much more than half an inch at the time.

How can someone confuse a half inch with a depth of 2.5 inches? Either they're crazy or these two miles maybe have a lot of elevation? Somewhere on the moraine perhaps?

Looks like a really nice band is about to form on LI...seeing signs of it in Northern LI and the Sound.

There appears to be potential for 2 localized bands to setup...one already doing so in N-C NJ and another somewhere from Queens-central LI soon...looks like NYC/Bronx/eastern NJ may get in between them both.

I have about the same..didn't get the 7-8" like the scotch plains guys even though I'm about 5 miles away

Promise I'm not lying. :) Are you in Edison or Plainfield. If Plainfield, that number would seem quite low to me. Plainfield had been sitting under 35 dbz for literally 4 hours. Recently, it's let up a bit in this area...

Last nights 00z run had a landfalling surface low with 60 kt sustained winds on the NJ Shore, so you that should answer your question.

I believe that run had major initialization errors as per NCEP last night , I think the 12z run from yesterday was pretty good, just a tad too far west

Archived