Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
11/7 - 11/8 Nor'easter Obs

Rtd208

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow wtf LIRR suspended and now Penn Station itself is closed!!

Meanwhile, we're closing in on an inch here...

My cousin was stuck at Great Neck station, as Pt Washington line was messed up due to down tree and wires on the tracks btwn Little Neck and Douglaston. Now all lines suspended, he is walking to my place now. Just crazy, can only imagine what Penn Station must be like.

Just got home about a half hour ago and the roads got progressively worse as I entered Monmouth county from Mercer County.Roads snow covered here with no plows in sight. I measured a solid 3 inches around 6:40pm here in Morganville, Marlboro Township, NJ Monmouth County. and still snowing I might add.

LIRR shut , the LIE shut at exit 40 both ways , Cant blame forecasters on this one I dont know anyone who saw this coming .

yesterdays 18z NAM was more bullish than Euro in terms of snowfall to the coast and was hard to take at face value , but in the end that juiced up run wil win the day .

snowing, 31.9 degrees with 2" on the ground...this storm and last years October storm are once in 100 years events...

I've got to give the hypsters some credit - we definitely have been breaking plenty of records over the past few years. Between record heat in the summer of 2010, record back to back snow years, October snowstorm, Hurricane Sandy, and now probably one of the largest November snowstorms on record.

Archived