• Created
  • Last Reply

LONG ISLAND 33 NM South of Islip

Lat: 40.25 Lon: -73.17 Elev: 0

Last Update on Nov 7, 4:50 pm EST

Nearby

Observations

Past

Observations Wind: N 35 KT Pressure: 1004.0 mb Air Temperature: 40 °F (5 °C) Water Temperature: 57 °F (14 °C) Dewpoint:: 39 °F (4 °C) Wave Hgt/Dir: 18 ft/SE Dominant Wave Period: 13 sec Visibility: NA

35 mph sustained out of the north Gusts im sure to 50 - Will begin to move on shore soon , and with this concrete on power lines and trees ,we are goin to hear about more outages , especially on Long Island and into Southern CT .

About 0.8" on the ground in Port Jeff as of 5:45 PM. May sound run of the mill, but between about 3:30 PM and 4:15 PM...although it wasn't sticking much...the combination of wind and snow was exceptional...sort of like a white tropical storm. Snow began to stick out here I guess a little after 4 PM.

1.0" as of 6:35 PM out here. Earliest inch I can recall in 18 years out here. Only thing close was when we had 0.8" on November 13, 2004.

50 dbz returns over Western Union County....I can confirm extremely heavy snow is falling with the winds picking up as well now.

John I live in Kenilworth, very heavy snow with gusty winds, this is just awesome. Even with the storm starting to occlude the banding Is holding up quite well. I notice the echos in W NJ have collapsed quite rapidly. We should continue this going for at least several more hours.

Archived