Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
11/7 - 11/8 Nor'easter Obs

Rtd208

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The radar does look like its losing a little steam...echoes are definitely weakening around the area, from S NJ through E LI

The band sitting over us will likely just sit in the same areas for a few more hours and rot out. That's what the 18z rgem and GFS do.

The radar does look like its losing a little steam...echoes are definitely weakening around the area, from S NJ through E LI

Two reasons:

1) Now that the temperatures have gotten a lot colder, there is a lot less bright banding (enhanced DBZ from snow melting aloft and/or sleet), so the radar takes on more of a "snow" look.

2) The storm is not strengthening anymore. It's becoming vertically stacked. So the dynamics are beginning to wane. That being said, though, some pretty good bands will persist into the overnight.

Two reasons:

1) Now that the temperatures have gotten a lot colder, there is a lot less bright banding (enhanced DBZ from snow melting aloft and/or sleet), so the radar takes on more of a "snow" look.

2) The storm is not strengthening anymore. It's becoming vertically stacked. So the dynamics are beginning to wane. That being said, though, some pretty good bands will persist into the overnight.

Sounds good to me.

Any snow in early November is icing...lets hope we dont shoot the wad like we did last year...

The band should stay heavy even as the low begins to occlude, since dynamics are still ongoing but in narrower areas. For NYC/W LI, the banding could not have set up in a better place as it should mostly pivot around this area. I wouldn't be shocked to see 5-6" reports in this area if people are already pushing 3". Amazing to see on Nov 7th. I can't imagine how bad roads are, and since this was unforecasted, there will likely be many traffic accidents.

Amazing out here for November 7th. Easily 2-3" on the ground. Normal 20 minute commute took an hour and 20 mins from Glen Cove to Great Neck. Would have been much longer if I didnt take back roads to avoid the 25A which is now a parking lot. I even left early at 4:00. Cant imagine how bad traffic will be around the island this evening. Just heard the first large limb break out back.

Archived