• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
11/7 - 11/8 Nor'easter Obs

Rtd208

Down to 33 here now and the snow is much finer but still light. There is a slushing on my car. Nothing on the grass yet but it has that sheen like it wants to start sticking. The only reason we are on the verge of having the snow sticking is the the temps getting lower...we haven't had any heavy precip and its realy hard to call teh heavier stuff moderate despite the misleading bright banding on the radar. The heaviest stuff has actually been to the west of most of the bright banding.

Its interesting to watch the relationship between the snow and the wind gusts. We often say the heavier precip can mix down some wind gusts, but the opposite seems to be true. The wind seems to be bringing the snow down to the surface. Its as iff there is an invisible roof that the snow b.ows off of...and it really looks like that where there are tongues of snow with little in between. Very odd but also really cool to look at.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folks, it's been a pleasure watching your reports... I started the day down in SoHo where it was mostly rain (snowing there now obviously)... On a bus, it switched to snow once I hit the east Bronx... Been stuck in traffic on I-95 around New Haven for hours. Snow sticking to the roads... Gotta be at least 2-3 or more inches out there.

All snow, starting to stick to cars and grass in Port Jeff Station. Winds really ripping now.

Same here Pete and the winds are just exceptionaly strong.

Archived