• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
11/7 - 11/8 Nor'easter Obs

Rtd208

There is a bit of subsidence between them but two distinct bands now , one over NYC/LGA extending down the NJ Shore and another over NE NJ (Essex/Union) extending S SW towards Central NJ. Some great snow rates in those bands and it should really be sticking now with the loss of diurnal heating.

are those bands expected to pivot east and if they do are they gonna be losing there punch as they do so through the night?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You beat me to it. It seems to me they sometimes do not measure prior to that preliminary climo report because I think we had close to 0.5 by the time it was 435 or so.

The funny thing about the snow-paid program is that snowfall measurements aren't required for the prelim climo in late afternoon. So its quite possible they didn't.

Measurements are only required at synoptic times and midnight.

You beat me to it. It seems to me they sometimes do not measure prior to that preliminary climo report because I think we had close to 0.5 by the time it was 435 or so.

Agreed. I had a colleague who came in from Manhattan a short time ago and said the the Park was white with snow. Today's daily record of 0.1" should be shattered when the daily report comes out later tonight.

Archived