amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
11/7 - 11/8 Nor'easter Obs

Rtd208

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just think, this was supposed to be Philly..lol. I saved some nice frontogenesis maps.

I was right on the edge (or so i thought) of the snow/rain line here in NW Monmouth County going into this and now here I am pushing 5-6 inches of snow! ha ha ha Unbelievable. I feel horrible for the Philly guys though.

Snow has stopped here now; i guess that's about it for us... Really jealous of those under that band lol

Snow (or at worst, freezing drizzle...but probbaly snow) should re-develop over the course of the next couple hours...especially for eastern sections.

Let me get this right....The same regions that got the worst hit from Hurricane Sandy are getting a snowstorm of 4-8 inches with 40-50 mph winds. Jeez....

Maybe down by the Jersey shore and in Long Island they are getting those winds but here in eastern Bergen and likely in NYC proper the winds are nowhere near that speed thankfully.

I was right on the edge (or so i thought) of the snow/rain line here in NW Monmouth County going into this and now here I am pushing 5-6 inches of snow! ha ha ha Unbelievable. I feel horrible for the Philly guys though.

This is what makes the wonderful world of weather so wonderful. Everyone can be virtually clueless until game time. This will probably go down as one of the biggest surprise snows in many a year. Not often in these days of high-tech modelling that you get caught off-guard.

Archived