• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Sandy

Ginx snewx

Read the disco.. They bring it north and hook it left. Don't use the straight line between 48-72

The problem is that the public or civilians for lack of better term that making decisions in their communities probably aren't going to do that. They will look at the track and think that's it. The problem is the large wind field.

I'm sticking with central NJ....

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's isn't a big difference between the NAM and GFS. NAM is slightly south, but it doesn't matter that much.

If we saw an NHC track, we'd probably see less impact.

NHC could actually be on the north side of their cone with an abrupt left turn.

Another reason why the NHC products can be so flipping confusing to the public for NO reason.

The problem is that the public or civilians for lack of better term that making decisions in their communities probably aren't going to do that. They will look at the track and think that's it. The problem is the large wind field.

I'm sticking with central NJ....

Darwin still gets the last laugh, on occasion.

NHC could actually be on the north side of their cone with an abrupt left turn.

Another reason why the NHC products can be so flipping confusing to the public for NO reason.

Yeah that's possible...esp if they believe the solutions that bring it near ACY and then WSW over N MD.

I wonder whose decision it was to the hurricane forecasts but non-hurricane warnings. That may not be completely up to the NHC since there's many agencies involved.

Anywho...I think the media is downplaying the wind around here way too much. 06z gfs is incredible...88 kt @ 900mb over Lake Ontario with 50 kt sustained surface winds. And the sounding isn't really all that stable, either. I'd prepare for hurricane force gusts, even as far west as the southwest shoreline of Lake Ontario.

Along these lines in a prior now closed thread on Sandy someone posted about how in CT anyway that deductibles are (I think the person said 20%) higher if the storm is named vs not being named.

Now if damage occurs would the higher deductible rate still prevail if though its not a TS or Hurricane Warning which are only issued for NAMED storms.

The strength of this low is going to affect the phasing dynamics somewhat as well...we discussed this a few days ago. Because of the trajectory, a slight change in the timing of the lefthand turn could affect landfall point by a significant margin.

The strength of this low is going to affect the phasing dynamics somewhat as well...we discussed this a few days ago. Because of the trajectory, a slight change in the timing of the lefthand turn could affect landfall point by a significant margin.

are phasing issues still in play? is there a chance it still phases later?

Along these lines in a prior now closed thread on Sandy someone posted about how in CT anyway that deductibles are (I think the person said 20%) higher if the storm is named vs not being named.

Now if damage occurs would the higher deductible rate still prevail if though its not a TS or Hurricane Warning which are only issued for NAMED storms.

I was wondering the same thing--perhaps some pressure put on by powers that be. Do I sound conspiratorial?

Archived