joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Sandy

Ginx snewx

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ukie landfall into BDR/NYC at 72hr...955mb.

Outlier at this point, I guess. Where had it been?

It seems like while we will be affected in a big way by winds, the rain will be NBD as compared to our SW? Maybe just a uniform 2" of rain with higher amounts in heavy bands?

Agree. Even with the strong AFD from BOX, it appeared that way. Though, they also were talking about oragraphic elements, and those might not be picked up on the model depictions so well.

To mention, the dynamical interplay between what's left of Sandy's core will also play into track, because if she's moving fast the S solutions will be wrong -

. Yeah I agree. Going to be an interesting few days.

This is one of those two hour periods where we feel like models are pulling together now watch the euro go off the range!

Oh well....probably just run of the mill north of Boston....

More like Portland. People need to stop thinking of this as a regular TC. This is like the Perfect Storm which never even made landfall and was not run of the mill 100s of miles from the center. Large system with a tight pressure gradient between a high to the north.

lol...what?

I am thinking that with the further south track, at least my location won't get hit too bad. I could be wrong, but the NYC landfall was what was going to make these bad in my area.

We will still get winds, but I am not sure what to expect. My point and click says 40mph winds...

More like Portland. People need to stop thinking of this as a regular TC. This is like the Perfect Storm which never even made landfall and was not run of the mill 100s of miles from the center. Large system with a tight pressure gradient between a high to the north.

I see you and raise you to BHB.

Is that seriously showing all of LI and coastal CT with 95kt+ 900mb winds???

Yes and that is an unreal depiction. Would seriously be troublesome in terms of wind damage and surge. Hope it doesn't occur as modeled but it is becoming increasingly clear that this may be a worst case scenario landfall for the NYC and LI/CT coast.

Archived