• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
East Coast Threat/Sandy - Banter Thread

Mr. Windcredible!

Just got back from walmart.. Only a few people stocking up on water. Toaster ovens and hair driers were sold out.

They also are now selling buckets of emergency food

If I am ever caught in an extended power outage I hope I have my trusty toaster oven and hair dryer.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am scheduled to fly Bos-LGA on Monday afternoon. I have a train booked as back up, leaving at 3pm Monday. I am assuming airports will shut down on Monday, I wonder if the trains will? Considering going Sunday evening either by plane or train. What do you guys think? I do need to get there if at all possible. Staying in Midtown Manhattan.

For as much hype as there has been with this storm stores were pretty dead today.

I was at S&S here this morning...and it was quiet. But again, it was still early. Was at the BJ's over in Waterford later in the afternoon...the gas pumps were certaintly busy...and they did seem little busy for an early Friday afternoon...but not out of hand. My wife and I can't get to the store for our weekly run until Sunday...now that should be pure hell.

On the other hand...hardware stores...the run on generators started yesterday morning. I went out after lunch yesterday and didn't even bother to call...as I assumed I was beating the rush. I was wrong. I did track one down thankfully...then luckily found a cord for it this morning. But people clearly haven't forgotten last year...jumped on those generators quick.

I have the utmost respect for the folks at the NHC..I admit the brainwash accusation was not called and I apologize if I offended anyone here..my bad..It just seems they are holding onto the Euro plot and ignoring the other model suite members. my opinion only..I am not into wishcasting here or at anytime...I have been a NWS coop observer and skywarn spotter for 14 years for the NWS of Gray and Box,and weather observer for many boston stations when I did Obs in Jaffrey NH...I honestly don't need to be chastized any longer..Enough said.

Why have a banter thread?

Questioning the damage extent and severity is futal. The "heavily moderated" is a banter thread. Personally I would prefer only Mets be allowed to post.

I know everyone wants to be heard. BUT CAN WE ALL COLLECTIVELY RAISE THE BAR.

Lastweek my main computer fried. Timing perfect, temporarily losing the weather station and website.

COMMON-MAN

Why have a banter thread?

Questioning the damage extent and severity is futal. The "heavily moderated" is a banter thread. Personally I would prefer only Mets be allowed to post.

I know everyone wants to be heard. BUT CAN WE ALL COLLECTIVELY RAISE THE BAR.

Lastweek my main computer fried. Timing perfect, temporarily losing the weather station and website.

COMMON-MAN

+1

I asked Sultan this morning to change the title of the other thread to make it clearer that it was a model discussion thread.

Boston.com, 11:30am... there is so much confusion out there, this is fascinating to watch unfold. The public's simplistic attention to SS scale in this very unusual scenario must be adding extra stress on the NHC's job...

Sandy upgraded to hurricane status again

storm__1351322274_8724.jpg

Sandy was thought to be losing some of its tropical characteristics, but has regained its strength and is expected to be a very large storm, say weather experts. (AP)

Crazy to starting thinking outside the box. Memories can be selective. In the most extreme solution Sandy will surpass anything experienced by area and number of people effected. Nobody is immune, 50 million people some drastically some not so much. How do you predict something that has never occured and in turn impress, inform the masses?

Archived