joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Obs/Discussion Thread

MN Transplant

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We already got the west bump though. I'll take 97.

88.3 on mine.

eh--early a.m. bump. ;) we usually see a steep rise in one of the morning hourlies. it could be one of those days we peak out early and then piddle up for a few hours. would want to see more west component i suppose. need another few degrees at noon.

the best part is that a few days ago so many were like "naa, this is a mid-90s heat at worst". sure.. with a stacked ridge overhead or just southwest. numerical model forecasters.. sigh.

at least we're not in duluth. apocalypse from 6" of rain?

Close to 8" in spots, and with that terrain there is going to be problems. Love the MN north shore. Sad to hear about all of the animal deaths at the zoo up there.

edit - and when you've had catastrophic flooding, this is what you want headed at you

post-1746-0-26544100-1340205989_thumb.gi

despite this closed ULL that is coming, Euro has us pretty warm..80s or 80 every day through next Friday with warmth not too far away...I think we see some negative departures, but perhaps nothing insane...GFS mos doesnt get us "cold" until Tuesday...extended deviations from normal are harder by end of June

In 2009, we hit 92 in late April at DCA (brutal for those of us in apartments with the heat still on) and then it didn't make it above that until July 16th.

And in 2004 DCA never exceeded 92, even in July and August. There were only eleven 90+ days that year, the first of which was April 19th and the last of which was August 4th. July had two 90-degree days and two 92-degree days, and that was it.

And in 2004 DCA never exceeded 92, even in July and August. There were only eleven 90+ days that year, the first of which was April 19th and the last of which was August 4th. July had two 90-degree days and two 92-degree days, and that was it.

I moved to town on August 5th of that year. Little did I know that the pleasant August was a fluke!

Archived