joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Obs/Discussion Thread

MN Transplant

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only took a quick glance at the 12z gfs, but it looked like a cool down at about day 8. Anybody with more def info? I can handle a few days of heat with these frequent cooldowns. We haven't hit 80 since about Monday in Winchester.

It looks like it goes back toward the omega block stuff which would at least not be warm. More importantly the GFS still has a signal for some storms late week or weekend.

GFS/Euro look cold in the longer range..if we get a legit trough with a NW flow and a serious air mass, we could put up some real departures the last week of the month...not this minor BS this weekend that will be distant memory by end of the week

I'm enjoying this weekends minor BS as much as possible, not looking forward to near 100 degree temps

I'm enjoying this weekends minor BS as much as possible, not looking forward to near 100 degree temps

today was a -3 to -5 or so.. more on mins in the 'burbs. i doubt we'll get upper 70s for highs in the 95 corridor but this same type of airmass in 10 days is "colder".

don't get me wrong...It is lovely, but this isn't that atypical or anomalous for a few days for early to mid June..we tend to forget June isn't that warm until the 2nd half...This isn't unlike June 2009, except that June we never got the big heat....It would be cool and then it would pop up to normal-ish for a few days instead of the 95/73 type stuff we will see this week.....I think normal for the month is a pretty good call right now for June...

Unless we get an anomalous air mass that isn't modified that much and a N/NW flow.....if you can get upper 70s to low 80s and upper 50s to low 60s the final week of June it is much more anomalous and the departures would be quite huge for this time of year....Of course anything can mess that up like downsloping or elevated mins

Loving it!

savor it..by Tuesday I am afraid we are hot for the rest of the month...though I was wrong earlier this month....after our heat wave this week, GFS/Euro have gone away from the idea of any kind of extended cold, but rather a 2-3 day respite before we torch again...though this isn't surprising with norms escalating so rapidly

savor it..by Tuesday I am afraid we are hot for the rest of the month...though I was wrong earlier this month....after our heat wave this week, GFS/Euro have gone away from the idea of any kind of extended cold, but rather a 2-3 day respite before we torch again...though this isn't surprising with norms escalating so rapidly

Yeah, I fully expect the mid to end of June heat to kick in and ruin my reasonable a/c bill

i wouldnt be too confident in a long torch or anything. the models continue to have little run to run continuity. the height and temp anomalies that are most consistent are closer to the center of the country. if we get a big heat ridge to the west we will certainly at least get pulses but there has been no major tendancy for major southeast ridges of late.. i think we'll need more of that to really lock in heat.

i just hope we can cash in on something interesting if we get on the edge of the high/trough. models won't necessarily pick up nw flow disturbances well from far out but the pattern looks like it's a possibility at least. the euro kinda wants to do something sundayish.

i just hope we can cash in on something interesting if we get on the edge of the high/trough. models won't necessarily pick up nw flow disturbances well from far out but the pattern looks like it's a possibility at least. the euro kinda wants to do something sundayish.

Its been there on a couple of Euro runs now.

Kudos to the GFS at short range for the win today on temps.

Went for a walk after class and a good storm (ended up going severe) crept up on me. Could hear it thundering in the distance and it got eerily dark. Good thing I wasn't too far from the car or I would've been soaked because it came up on me fast. There were a few reports around the city of trees down, but I never saw anything except the prolific lightning.

Archived