SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June Obs/Discussion Thread

MN Transplant

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to be going pretty bullish. You really think we get to the upper 90's? agree on the 4 day HW though, seems totally plausible

dunno..but it seems plausible to hit 93-96 a day or 2....upper 90s is pretty anomalous for mid June...though so is 70s without rain/clouds....DCA is 82 now and it is overcast...I was dubious of this pattern producing really big departures so we will see what happens...we average upper 80s in like a week from now...we are getting to that stable period that I have always called 6/20 to 8/15 where SD is low and I think the real legit cold airmasses have to come from the NW,..It is going to be 90s at ORD tomorrow...getting caught in between air masses with warmth to our west/nw is not a recipe for prolonged cold this time of year....I don't think these lows in the upper 50s will come to fruition near the city...IAD might hit 55-57, even 53-55 if conditions are perfect, but I think DCA stays above 63-64 every night..maybe I am wrong

dunno..but it seems plausible to hit 93-96 a day or 2....upper 90s is pretty anomalous for mid June...though so is 70s without rain/clouds....DCA is 82 now and it is overcast...I was dubious of this pattern producing really big departures so we will see what happens...we average upper 80s in like a week from now...we are getting to that stable period that I have always called 6/20 to 8/15 where SD is low and I think the real legit cold airmasses have to come from the NW,..It is going to be 90s at ORD tomorrow...getting caught in between air masses with warmth to our west/nw is not a recipe for prolonged cold this time of year....I don't think these lows in the upper 50s will come to fruition near the city...IAD might hit 55-57, even 53-55 if conditions are perfect, but I think DCA stays above 63-64 every night..maybe I am wrong

Low of 64. I wonder if LWX is going to spend another summer busting low on the mins.

quick glance I thought the euro back off slightly...but both Euro/GFS on board

Damn. Oh well it is mid to late june now, it is expected.

I think this cold snap will be a bit of a bust....should hit 83-84 again today....upper 80s by Monday

It defintely feels warmer this morning than past mornings. Up to 66* already here at 830am

From your friendly neighborhood EM:

The NWS / FEMA / White House are now able to send all-hazards alerts to our cell phone. It is offered at no additional cost to users (taxpayer funded) and sends alerts that are specific to the location at which you are presently located. For example, a resident of Baltimore is driving through Colorado when a Blizzard Warning is issued. They will get a page about the alert since they are currently or will soon travel through the hazard area.

More information: http://www.noaa.gov/...ncy_alerts.html

From your friendly neighborhood EM:

The NWS / FEMA / White House are now able to send all-hazards alerts to our cell phone. It is offered at no additional cost to users (taxpayer funded) and sends alerts that are specific to the location at which you are presently located. For example, a resident of Baltimore is driving through Colorado when a Blizzard Warning is issued. They will get a page about the alert since they are currently or will soon travel through the hazard area.

More information: http://www.noaa.gov/...ncy_alerts.html

I enabled them on my phone - got a test alert message last month. It was kind of strange because my phone started making EAS test noises and my coworkers all stared at me.

It's still out in no mans land but the gfs has been advertising interesting looks for storminess after the ridge breaks down. of course the euro doesn't line up much so it probably won't happen.. but this weather is super boring. and im still hopeful we'll get at least one more decent t-storm event if nto a few.

It's still out in no mans land but the gfs has been advertising interesting looks for storminess after the ridge breaks down. of course the euro doesn't line up much so it probably won't happen.. but this weather is super boring. and im still hopeful we'll get at least one more decent t-storm event if nto a few.

Amen on the boring weather

Archived