joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Obs/Discussion Thread

MN Transplant

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like one more push is going to come through. Sitting at 0.96" for the day this next bit probably will push it over 1".

Wow, There has to be something around Leesburg that cuts off the precip. that is half inch difference between here and you in south Frederick. so bizzare. We are at .52 which is great and all but WVclimo is at 3/4 of an inch, you are at almost an inch. interesting

Wow, There has to be something around Leesburg that cuts off the precip. that is half inch difference between here and you in south Frederick. so bizzare. We are at .52 which is great and all but WVclimo is at 3/4 of an inch, you are at almost an inch. interesting

Yea I though I was high but then I checked TradeWinds station up the road and he was higher than me at 1.01" so figured it was right. Pouring up here yet again.

NWS forecast this morning called for 100% chance of rain today and tonight, "rainfall could be heavy at times" in both.

Now only 60% tonight, no more mention of heavy rain.

I got 1.34" in the gauge in Frederick. That's a pretty good amount from a trough passing through IMHO.

Nice !

MDZ003-502-WVZ051-052-122230-

WASHINGTON MD-MORGAN WV-BERKELEY WV-CENTRAL AND EASTERN ALLEGANY MD-

558 PM EDT TUE JUN 12 2012

...STRONG THUNDERSTORMS TO AFFECT WASHINGTON...MORGAN...BERKELEY AND

CENTRAL AND EASTERN ALLEGANY COUNTIES...

AT 559 PM EDT...DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED STRONG THUNDERSTORMS ALONG A

LINE EXTENDING FROM HANCOCK TO 3 MILES WEST OF VALLEY VIEW...MOVING

SOUTHEAST AT 20 MPH.

LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE SPOHRS CROSSROADS...SPRUCE PINE HOLLOW...

NEW HOPE...JOHNSONS MILL...HIGHLAND RIDGE AND SLEEPY CREEK.

HEAVY RAIN WITH THESE STORMS WILL REDUCE VISIBILITIES TO BELOW ONE

MILE AND MAY CAUSE PONDING OF WATER ON ROADWAYS.

WIND GUSTS OF 40 TO 50 MPH CAN BE EXPECTED WITH THESE STORMS.

I live east of Winchester in Frederick Co...clouds were def rotating here briefly. Has backed off and turned into a very heavy rain now

Surprised no TOR warning. If they issue them here for storms like the Strasburg - very weak and broad rotation at best - a couple weeks ago...not sure how they didn't for this one. Way more impressive on radar.

Once the heat arrives this weekend I think it is probably here for good...we may get a reprieve for some of July, but 87/69 for example is not much of a reprieve...persistence is too strong...very very hard to flip the state of things so quickly....I think we average +3 from June 10th-30th and finish the month +1 to +2.....

Short stretch of warmth, now at or below average for 4-5 days, then ahad to tell but looking generally cooler as opposed to considerably warm.

Short stretch of warmth, now at or below average for 4-5 days, then ahad to tell but looking generally cooler as opposed to considerably warm.

yes...my call that heat here to stay is looking real bad...too early to say on my monthly...your call about models and phantom heat I think was a pretty good one...I think would have been better if you didn't swing for the fences with such an aggressive departure....I think a cumulative departure of -60 to -90 is not very realistic, but who knows...with quickly increasing norms, a prolonged stretch of -departures can add up....I think a good call is within a degree of normal, but I am not changing my short term call of +1 to +2...

Archived