wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Early April Winter Pattern Likely

CoastalWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had temporary sleet pellets mixing with the drizzle in Hamden on I-91 at 9:30am.

Some totals from CT.

Looks like Norfolk got the most from today. Not suprising. Then just a Trace to couple inches in varies spots northern Tier of state.

CONNECTICUT

...LITCHFIELD COUNTY...

NORFOLK 3.4

WINSTED 2.0

BAKERSVILLE 1.2

...TOLLAND COUNTY...

TOLLAND 1.9

STAFFORDVILLE 1.0

COVENTRY 0.8

Snow9-2.jpg

Are the surface temps being overdone on the NAM? Is this a set-up that could give us a few inches?

I wouldn't really get too excited over this sunday deal. I was looking at a sounding of KORH at 36 and 39 hrs and there are defintely boundary layer issues (verbatim). Even if it is -3 c at 850 , the freezing level is around 920 mb or ~2000'-2500'. Like most late season snow events, this one will be dictated by precip intensity ..

I wouldn't really get too excited over this sunday deal. I was looking at a sounding of KORH at 36 and 39 hrs and there are defintely boundary layer issues (verbatim). Even if it is -3 c at 850 , the freezing level is around 920 mb or ~2000'-2500'. Like most late season snow events, this one will be dictated by precip intensity ..

Yeah and the gfs is back to reality, but still looks like it tries to get something going for eastern areas tomorrow night.

I would have to average 300" of synoptic snow per season to warrant living in the middle of nowhere. For those who love living at 1.5-2kft in the Berks, congrats, but I don't think any of the "valley dwellers" who enjoy everyday social interactions with other humans are jealous.

Hear Hear !

As we now are moving into warm season as of April..the drought is really going to start to be noticeable. Euro thru day 10 is very dry with dry NW flow. It's amazing how low the rivers already are..This snow/rain will dry up by Monday and then as we start to retorch days 8-10 and beyond...it will only worsen. Not a good situation as we move into the warm months

As we now are moving into warm season as of April..the drought is really going to start to be noticeable. Euro thru day 10 is very dry with dry NW flow. It's amazing how low the rivers already are..This snow/rain will dry up by Monday and then as we start to retorch days 8-10 and beyond...it will only worsen. Not a good situation as we move into the warm months

I think we'll be OK

gfs....interesting tomorrow pm and monday am??

Archived