joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Early April Winter Pattern Likely

CoastalWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well you aren't gonna believe this... I measured in 4 different places..On the deck, and various spots in the yard.

The deck has 1.9 and the 3 other measurements are between 1.7 and 2.1..so if we account for Ryan's grass air factor that he chided me on last year when he was here doing live shots for the station while the valley was raining..it's under 2.0

So I'm going to go with 1.9

For the record. I think that's deserving of Will winning the bet, so I'll bring the brews to him at the GTG in 2 weeks.

I win..Will wins...We all win

Nice Kev. I love a pasty snow. Hope you didn't mess up your feet too bad trying to run in this.

My favorite kind of snow..Just plastered to everything..and you can see what even 2 inches of snow at 32 .1 degrees does to the pines..

My feet just got soaked..and when you run distance in wet shoes/socks...it causes blisters to form..I got new running shoes last weekend..You have to replace them every 300-400 miles you put on them because the soles wear down so fast..I bought my last pair in October after the marathon and they were absolutely spent already. Dropping 100 bucks every 5-6 months on running shoes FTL

Kev, are you running Boston?

No that is my goal..to qualify for that..But in my age group..you have to run a sub 3:15 in order to qualify which I'm not able to do yet..and may never be able to.

I'm running the BTV Marathon on Memorial Day weekend. Tomorrow starts week 11 of training.. Did 41 miles this week.

Still snowing lightly

On a side note, the meso models performed miserably with this event. So much for those NAM runs that were giving me 6-10". I knew they were overkill, but I thought we'd at least get something. Should've stuck with the synoptic models as they did better; not great, but better. The only time the mesos tend to do well is in diagnosing where the death bands are in nor'easters.

On a side note, the meso models performed miserably with this event. So much for those NAM runs that were giving me 6-10". I knew they were overkill, but I thought we'd at least get something. Should've stuck with the synoptic models as they did better; not great, but better. The only time the mesos tend to do well is in diagnosing where the death bands are in nor'easters.

The NAM is getting to the point of being another HRRR.

I think it started as all snow here...because when I got up at 4:10 it was snowing..but nothing OTG and a temp of 36...Before I left to run I checked the radar and thought it looked pretty good, but wasn't sure if it would get cold enough to accumulate..then it started to f'ing rip ..

My run took me to lower spots in town 400-500 feet and even there it was accumulating, but not so much on the roads as it was higher up above about 700 feet

Well let's hope for you eastern SNE folks you get yours tomorrow night...BEcause the Euro brings us back to torchville in a big way days 8-10..Tomorrow night is probably it

Agreed, would love to see Scooter get crushed, the cape has done ok actually, but scooter nasomuch........11.8 here I think Scott is just below that.

'Hope they get plastered

Agreed, would love to see Scooter get crushed, the cape has done ok actually, but scooter nasomuch........11.8 here I think Scott is just below that.

'Hope they get plastered

10.7" here. The complete opposite of last year where I probably did the best or close to it wrt climo. This year, the worst wrt climo.

I'm happy Pete got screwed.

10" for a whole Winter season. Wow. That's an epic fail. That's MA bad. Just a pathetic display and a good example of why living on the CP is such a bad idea.

Well let's hope for you eastern SNE folks you get yours tomorrow night...BEcause the Euro brings us back to torchville in a big way days 8-10..Tomorrow night is probably it

How many times will you draw a line in the snow? You've declared no more snow since February.

Archived