wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Early April Winter Pattern Likely

CoastalWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given the ESE flow off the Atlantic, it makes sense.

If you look at the hourly numbers from BOS yesterday, you'll see the temperature drop from 50 with a north wind to 42 in the hour it flopped easterly. First cooling cbreeze of the season excluding backdoor hell a few weeks ago?

If you look at the hourly numbers from BOS yesterday, you'll see the temperature drop from 50 with a north wind to 42 in the hour it flopped easterly. First cooling cbreeze of the season excluding backdoor hell a few weeks ago?

Seriously! I still don't get how BOS ended up like 72F that one day on an east wind. MORCH!

The low-level airmass was just so freaking warm and there was great mixing. Regardless though still pretty insane.

Yeah it was, but it just kept warming and was hardly hindered at all by the sad attempt at a marine layer that tried to form, let alone then adding a stiff east wind wind into the system.

Even with good mixing, that marine layer usually takes over eventually.

Yeah it was, but it just kept warming and was hardly hindered at all by the sad attempt at a marine layer that tried to form, let alone then adding a stiff east wind wind into the system.

Even with good mixing, that marine layer usually takes over eventually.

It's really mind boggling trying to figure out why a marine layer did not form or take precedence...I mean even in the summer on an east wind Boston is going to end up being in like the 70's while mostly everyone else would be baking in the 80's to near 90F.

Unless you actually have to make a living doing it I would imagine.

:lol:

Oh I imagine it's incredibly stressful, I mean even as an amateur I get pretty stressed out at times but it's all part of the job.

It has to be even tougher for people who work at the NWS who have to forecast for a much larger area than just local outlets.

Not according to the Oracle of Tolland...all disasters all the time

LOL, well if you talk to anyone that trades the reinsurance industry or cat bonds for example, the lowest risk for natural disasters is around here. It's pretty easy to see why. Low risk of tropical systems, low risk of severe thunderstorms/strong tornadoes, the weather all in all doesn't vary a ton (i.e. no crazy temperature or precipitation extremes), never mind the fact that we don't have a high risk for things like frequent high winds, hail, lightning, floods, earthquakes, fires, and so forth that a lot of the rest of the country deals with.

<p>

All 3 are plentiful here in GC. I still don't see what advantage there is to living in a congested, polluted environment.

Cue wxfellas 1970 report on how people who live in Urban areas have longer lives because of access to health care. A longer life in a debilitated state, or a full life of country living cut 3 years short because you do not want to be spoon fed and have your diaper changed for you. I choose country.

As we now are moving into warm season as of April..the drought is really going to start to be noticeable. Euro thru day 10 is very dry with dry NW flow. It's amazing how low the rivers already are..This snow/rain will dry up by Monday and then as we start to retorch days 8-10 and beyond...it will only worsen. Not a good situation as we move into the warm months

What exactly is your idea of a torch my family is headed up that way (Chicopee Mass to be exact) April 10-17, we do plan on spending the day in Mystic Conn one day as well and I am thinking its going to be sweater weather for us.

BDR and BDL will both end the month with the warmest March on record. The margins are impressive too.

Yeah considering the long-term standard deviation of March average temperatures is 3.16 at BDL and 2.41 at BDR, and now we have a March with a deviation of around 9.5 at BDL and 8 at BDR.

Archived