12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
The unofficial official absurdly warm for March thread, Part II

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I thought maybe +14C might do it, but we didn't do it with slightly higher temps on 3/31/98 so I'm not sure this time. It will be close. I could see an 88 or 89 at BDL or BOS.

Maybe I'll be wrong with this, but with stronger west flow on Thu I think MOS won't bust quite as badly as it did the past couple of days. With the widespread lack of snow and dry soils we're mixing very well for mid March with a relatively light PGF. I'm sure the numbers that come out on Wednesday's runs will still be well too low, but probably not the 10F failures we've been seeing in under 24hrs lately.

Maybe I'll be wrong with this, but with stronger west flow on Thu I think MOS won't bust quite as badly as it did the past couple of days. With the widespread lack of snow and dry soils we're mixing very well for mid March with a relatively light PGF. I'm sure the numbers that come out on Wednesday's runs will still be well too low, but probably not the 10F failures we've been seeing in under 24hrs lately.

Yeah you can see that on interior spots like OWD and BED. MOS has lower 80s. BOS is still too low and is par for the course even on west winds when they will be the warmest or close to it.

I was pretty surprised as to how much snow they had on the bigger trails, but thin spots were growing quickly as the day wore on.But after the fog in the morning burned off, there was not another cloud to be seen

Last week I came up with the plan to ski there Friday once I finally got an off day... :axe:

This is a radar image you will not see very often on March 19th... slow moving airmass thunderstorms and looking out the window I can see towering cumulus clouds with blue skies inbetween. It looks like July. Also, some of these are dropping up to 1" of rainfall in a short period of time, I'm very glad there isn't one over Mansfield right now. We always get the squalls when its snow, hopefully we can avoid them when its rain.

When we are chilling off next week..we'll remember this. It won't be epic cold...but maybe even some below normal temps?

I'm just hoping for some normal temps for once, but I do have a feeling that April will have normal temps, but my biggest worry is that the rubber band does snap and it does around June and we are stuck with a very cool summer, kind of like summer 2009, but not as extreme.

When we are chilling off next week..we'll remember this. It won't be epic cold...but maybe even some below normal temps?

That could be an ugly coastal for Sunday/Monday. Might have to worry about a hard freeze monday night...we'll obviously see how it is as it gets closer.

This is a radar image you will not see very often on March 19th... slow moving airmass thunderstorms and looking out the window I can see towering cumulus clouds with blue skies inbetween. It looks like July. Also, some of these are dropping up to 1" of rainfall in a short period of time, I'm very glad there isn't one over Mansfield right now. We always get the squalls when its snow, hopefully we can avoid them when its rain.

Convective rains are awesome, why the wish to avoid?

regardless of whether the temps are responding, KTAN's reflectivity channel was pretty sweet with the boundary moving SW through the area... I think it probably is on the door stop here in Westborough at this point, which is out around 495.

I'm pretty much dead between Plymouth Airport and part of Otis. We are still SW here. Any moment I suspect it changes but it's still shirtless weather outside.

It has been interesting to see the NAM back off on the incursion of BD ...literally on top of the event timing-wise. Now that it is too late, the 18Z FRH grid really restricts the impact right to within 20 miles of the shores.

'Sides, the damage - imo - has been done. The NAM never saw 74 at BOS prior to cooling effect so it has to go down as a bust all around I feel. Heh, now... seeing it go warmer tomorrow and more so yet on Thurs, ironically ...has to seem hugely agreeable at this point.

Looks like it's coming in around 25 or 26C in the 2-meter for BOS, taking the 980mb level temp and using the standard +3 method.

Archived