Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
The unofficial official absurdly warm for March thread, Part II

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what makes me more sick to my stomach, this putrid weather or Kevin's crowing over nothing. Blech.

Wow, talk about perspectives... It's 76, full sun and light winds. Life giving, energetic, euphoric loveliness to 95% of any sane individual - yet this is referred to as "putrid". Fascinating.

Anyway, as I mentioned yesterday....not shocked to see the 00z Euro back off on the SE canadian S/W and cold shot for the weekend.

Also, the interesting thing about both the Euor and GFS is their tendencies to maintain some semblance if not outrightly so, wrt the SE ridge post quasi closed low translation through the MA next Sun.

Well I thought 70s and one day (Thursday ) approaching or exceeding 80 this week. Maybe 2 at a torch place like BDL which isn't quite representative of the area. If today gets to 80 in ern areas...that's borderline dumbfounding. Yesterday didn't surprise me all that much as we mentioned that it could be quite warm...warmer than some think. Today is a bit surprising.

Wow, talk about perspectives... It's 76, full sun and light winds. Life giving, energetic, euphoric loveliness to 95% of any sane individual - yet this is referred to as "putrid". Fascinating.

Whether you like this type of weather or not, you can't brush this off as insignificant any more than you can big October snowstorms. Time of year, areal coverage, records, etc. make this just as much of a historical event.

I belive it. Actually could see a shwr or tstm pop in the Berks later.

Our morning sounding actually had pretty steep lapse rates between 800 and 500 mb. The lift of NW flow over MWN was just enough to pop showers that carried downstream towards the coast. Now we've definitely got Cu percolating over the higher terrain.

Should maintain into the afternoon, so I wouldn't be surprised either.

for those interested in the meteorology of the thing... The confluence isn't really in the 500mb level; it's in the 700mb.. The resulting sfc ridge is nosing down the Maine Coast and the latest HPC sfc depiction beautiful illustrates the boundary pivoting around such that starts pointing toward the SW in southern Maine.

I suspect the wind goes NE actually ahead of this boundary, but behind it there will be an accumulation of marine assisted chill as it nears NE Mass in an couple of hours - or less. It wouldn't shock me if BOS gets a 20 to 25kt brief wind pulse and arriving chill around the 4pm throughout the Harbor waters - small craft should be alerted to this possibility of a pulse of BL caa.

Our morning sounding actually had pretty steep lapse rates between 800 and 500 mb. The lift of NW flow over MWN was just enough to pop showers that carried downstream towards the coast. Now we've definitely got Cu percolating over the higher terrain.

Should maintain into the afternoon, so I wouldn't be surprised either.

Did you see those tstms over by srn Hudson Bay this morning? LOL at ring of fire convection around St Patty Day.

Really feeble though. Barely a flag wobbler at that speed -

I know..but that is still impressive. I mean would you expect PWM to be 61F on March 19th with a sustained 18kt NE wind? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Temps will drop along the coast shortly, but this is impressive.

Well I thought 70s and one day (Thursday ) approaching or exceeding 80 this week. Maybe 2 at a torch place like BDL which isn't quite representative of the area. If today gets to 80 in ern areas...that's borderline dumbfounding. Yesterday didn't surprise me all that much as we mentioned that it could be quite warm...warmer than some think. Today is a bit surprising.

Pretty much AWT

Archived