e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
The unofficial official absurdly warm for March thread, Part II

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, looking at SE NH and S Maine,....no question the BD is for real, but it isn't transporting much cold - that will come from oceanic boundary layer processing, and a NE flow at PWM is different than that same wind direction at BOS. Could wind up colder in SE Mass then the foothills of the White Mountains.

Yeah, looking at SE NH and S Maine,....no question the BD is for real, but it isn't transporting much cold - that will come from oceanic boundary layer processing, and a NE flow at PWM is different than that same wind direction at BOS. Could wind up colder in SE Mass then the foothills of the White Mountains.

Differential heating will accelerate the winds a bit, but this is kind of pathetic for a BDF in March.

i can't believe the obs in maine. E and NE winds all over the place...and 60s and low 70s. in mid-march. that could be july. LOL.

CITY           SKY/WX    TMP DP  RH WIND       PRES   REMARKS
PORTLAND       MOSUNNY   70  46  42 NE17      30.20R
SANFORD        MOSUNNY   73  50  43 NE13      30.18R
BAR HARBOR     CLOUDY    61  41  48 E8        30.23R
WISCASSET      MOSUNNY   66  44  45 SE9G16    30.22R
ROCKLAND       SUNNY     61  39  44 E14       30.22R
FRYEBURG       PTSUNNY   60  45  57 CALM      30.19F
LEWISTONAUBURN MOSUNNY   68  46  45 E8        30.21S
AUGUSTA        SUNNY     66  46  48 CALM      30.20S
WATERVILLE     SUNNY     63  43  48 NE12      30.19S
BANGOR         PTSUNNY   61  32  33 NE7       30.23R
GREENVILLE       N/A     53  42  66 S6        30.19S
MILLINOCKET    CLOUDY    53  35  50 E7        30.25S
HOULTON        PTSUNNY   52  37  56 N5        30.24S
PRESQUE ISLE   NOT AVBL
FRENCHVILLE    SUNNY     44  28  53 CALM      30.25S
CARIBOU        SUNNY     49  27  42 CALM      30.25S

I haven't been following. Was the Euro anti-backdoor?

I'm still climbing here with a land breeze.

The 12z run of the Euro yesterday had mid-70s in E MA today. It didn't really bring the backdoor cold front into the area until late today and this evening. Even so, the Euro might have still been overdone with the cold front...but better than the NAM/GFS.

LWM 76F. LOL.

Ok...here goes...ctblizz ftw. :bag:

Lol thanks I think?? This is the Morch of our lives with everything in place for major MOrch heat. No snow cover east of the Rockies, dry soils and ground with no snow or water to evaporate, nO vegetation though that is quickly changing with full leaf out occurring as we speak and much above normal sst's. Combine all that with a torch west flow and its epic. This is as fascinating as the Oct snow bomb

I'm going to pull a Kevin here but it's possible BDL can get to 89F or 90F on Thursday, especially if we get a bit more in the way of cloud cover Wednesday night holding up the overnight lows a bit and we get those +17C 925mb temps in here during peak heating and near +13 to +14C 850 temps.

BDL may get close to that today lol

edit...not bdl. im an idiot.

I'm going to pull a Kevin here but it's possible BDL can get to 89F or 90F on Thursday, especially if we get a bit more in the way of cloud cover Wednesday night holding up the overnight lows a bit and we get those +17C 925mb temps in here during peak heating and near +13 to +14C 850 temps.

We had around +20C 850s just offshore during the early April 2010 heatwave where KNYC hit 92F, so it is definitely possible.

Archived