• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
The unofficial official absurdly warm for March thread, Part II

Typhoon Tip

Lapse rates are really nice, but nothing sticks out for a good trigger. You never know..could always pop a few.

The only "trigger" I just see is orographic lift but other than not there really isn't anything. The only thing the lapse rates will act to do is just have a good change of temp with height which will help with some instability and upward acceleration of parcels.

Looks like theta-e increases as well during the afternoon which could help.

Anyways though 99.9% of us stay dry I think.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not?

You should sleep in my room during the summer. I can't hook up an A/C so my bedroom is usually between 85-90F during the summer. I've recorded as high as 99F though during the brutal heat waves. The only reason I usually fall asleep is just from passing out due to heat sickness.

ORH had + 24 on the min, +34 on the max for a +29 daily departure.

Through yesterday I believe they were +7.9 for the month.

I hope most of the misquitos hatch and we have a hard freeze later next week or early April to kill many of them off.

The forecast for Thurs would yield a +31 departure, but I bet we pull of +33-34. Insane.

Why not?

Well this house probably hasn't had an electrical upgrade since the 1930's and in my bedroom I only have two outlets and none are three-prong accessible so I would need an extension cord and I don't think you can hook an A/C up to an extension cord.

Plus the two outlets are taken up by my computer and power strip which has two TV's, computer monitor, alarm clock, internet modem, internet/cable big black box thing, cable box, and whatever else I'm missing.

I did use a small fan last summer though which helped....I had it blow on me on high.

Well this house probably hasn't had an electrical upgrade since the 1930's and in my bedroom I only have two outlets and none are three-prong accessible so I would need an extension cord and I don't think you can hook an A/C up to an extension cord.

Plus the two outlets are taken up by my computer and power strip which has two TV's, computer monitor, alarm clock, internet modem, internet/cable big black box thing, cable box, and whatever else I'm missing.

I did use a small fan last summer though which helped....I had it blow on me on high.

Try drinking, it works sometimes for me. But most of the time it is not worth it.

Try drinking, it works sometimes for me. But most of the time it is not worth it.

I don't really drinking during the summer...only during hockey season...whenever the Bruins play or the Whale are home.

Anyways though doing that you're chances of dehydration increase by like 1000% and you could even wake up dead the next morning.

I don't really drinking during the summer...only during hockey season...whenever the Bruins play or the Whale are home.

Anyways though doing that you're chances of dehydration increase by like 1000% and you could even wake up dead the next morning.

Thats why I only do it on really BAD nights, most of the time I will tough it out or head into the basement and sleep on the floor.

Thats why I only do it on really BAD nights, most of the time I will tough it out or head into the basement and sleep on the floor.

I also work full time during the summer and the free time I have I usually like to spend on looking at models for severe wx threats or doing some long range stuff so I prefer not to drink.

Working full time though plus waking up usually around 5-6 AM and working outside most of the day then walking home gets me pretty exhausted so even being extremely hot I can actually fall asleep rather easily...plus that small fan I used last summer really helped. That thing blows for a little sucker.

I would sleep on my back porch but it has weird looking spiders at times.

You are insane(no offense)

Most of them are completely harmless.

None taken...I'm about as crazy as they come.

I know they are harmless but I am completely terrified by them. There was one night several months ago I about 3-4 spiders and had a massive panic attack...actually it was late last summer. I had to put on a winter jacket and a hat b/c I was just afraid they were going to crawl on me. It sucks having arachnophobia.

I also work full time during the summer and the free time I have I usually like to spend on looking at models for severe wx threats or doing some long range stuff so I prefer not to drink.

Working full time though plus waking up usually around 5-6 AM and working outside most of the day then walking home gets me pretty exhausted so even being extremely hot I can actually fall asleep rather easily...plus that small fan I used last summer really helped. That thing blows for a little sucker.

I would sleep on my back porch but it has weird looking spiders at times.

Oh I can see why you don't drink that often(SAT night)

I work at my neighbors Bar from 10AM through 11PM(most of the time later). What kind of fan is it?

Wow, you are really bad when it comes to spiders!! :lol:

Oh I can see why you don't drink that often(SAT night)

I work at my neighbors Bar from 10AM through 11PM(most of the time later). What kind of fan is it?

Wow, you are really bad when it comes to spiders!! :lol:

It's just a small fan...probably like 8'' X 8""...not sure of the make but if I put it right in front of where I sleep and place it on high it really does help.

Yeah I don't do well with spiders but I have gotten better...I usually kill them on my own now, before I would have someone else do it but my brother won't do it anymore.

Please do not drink to fall asleep on hot nights...lol. Worst thing you could do.

Wiz, you can get an A/C at Walmart (5000 BTU) for cheap money and I don't think it requires a 3 prong outlet. It's plenty small enough and nowadays...isn't a power hog.

You can get a 3 prong adapter for 50 cents at walmart, and an ac unit for next to nothing, they also now have the small units that stand up like the old space heaters and are very good on electricity.

Go get a 3 prong they are easy to change

You can get a 3 prong adapter for 50 cents at walmart, and an ac unit for next to nothing, they also now have the small units that stand up like the old space heaters and are very good on electricity.

or you could just run an extension cord from another outlet, just make sure it is a heavy enough gauge or else the insulation will melt.

Please do not drink to fall asleep on hot nights...lol. Worst thing you could do.

Wiz, you can get an A/C at Walmart (5000 BTU) for cheap money and I don't think it requires a 3 prong outlet. It's plenty small enough and nowadays...isn't a power hog.

Thank God.

Now I won't have to sleep naked in the summer anymore.

Archived