amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
The unofficial official absurdly warm for March thread, Part II

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the general public will get extremely annoyed if we don't get another extended warmup like this for another 1+ months. Like the blooming magnolias in LL land, even us people are being fooled into thinking its summertime. Just three months early! We are just as part of nature as the magnolia...pretty interesting psychology there.

Anyway...I am heading to Good Harbor or somewhere up there on Thursday. Mid to upper 80s and sun is a top ten beach day in July, let alone March!

On a side note...anyone who watched Tim Kelly last night said that this high amplitude flow is almost increasing the chances that we see another snow event in New England. We will have to watch for it as I think many are becoming complacent to the idea that it is summery from here on out. Our mets not included!

Did anywhere in VT crack 80 yesterday or today?

I know St. Johnsbury ASOS 5 miles to my south hit 79F yesterday. Lebanon,NH (on the VT/NH border on 91) hit 80F yesterday as well. I think today was slightly 'colder' with many topping out 74-78F.

Here at LSC in NE VT, we hit 76.8F yesterday and 75.4F today. All of our snow is gone outside a few extremely sheltered areas and snow piles. Unreal.

How'd you do today on the south shore?

I know St. Johnsbury ASOS 5 miles to my south hit 79F yesterday. Lebanon,NH (on the VT/NH border on 91) hit 80F yesterday as well. I think today was slightly 'colder' with many topping out 74-78F.

Here at LSC in NE VT, we hit 76.8F yesterday and 75.4F today. All of our snow is gone outside a few extremely sheltered areas and snow piles. Unreal.

How'd you do today on the south shore?

Got up to 63.

I think the general public will get extremely annoyed if we don't get another extended warmup like this for another 1+ months. Like the blooming magnolias in LL land, even us people are being fooled into thinking its summertime. Just three months early! We are just as part of nature as the magnolia...pretty interesting psychology there.

Anyway...I am heading to Good Harbor or somewhere up there on Thursday. Mid to upper 80s and sun is a top ten beach day in July, let alone March!

On a side note...anyone who watched Tim Kelly last night said that this high amplitude flow is almost increasing the chances that we see another snow event in New England. We will have to watch for it as I think many are becoming complacent to the idea that it is summery from here on out. Our mets not included!

He called me today and was asking about the status of the snow, and in return I bugged him about the pattern down the road a bit... he's leaning towards something wintery happening in early April but did admit he has selfish reasons as he wants to ski a bunch more. He said he'll be up here all next week, so I'm hoping he brings even some flakes or a hard freeze haha. Its always more fun if we have some type of winter weather to discuss and geek out to.

He called me today and was asking about the status of the snow, and in return I bugged him about the pattern down the road a bit... he's leaning towards something wintery happening in early April but did admit he has selfish reasons as he wants to ski a bunch more. He said he'll be up here all next week, so I'm hoping he brings even some flakes or a hard freeze haha.

It would be borderline silly to say the mtns of NNE are completely done.

Winds have gone stiff out of the east now...but temps are lagging behind the wind shift a good 10-15 miles.

Shockingly it was a real struggle to get winds to flip here. Probably localized, we always get good winds up Buzzards Bay and today I think it held the seabreeze just off the coast. It's come through now temp down to a cold 58

Shockingly it was a real struggle to get winds to flip here. Probably localized, we always get good winds up Buzzards Bay and today I think it held the seabreeze just off the coast. It's come through now temp down to a cold 58

Looks like the actual temperature front has reached 495...still warm here for now despite the east wind.

Weeklies still look rather cool and inclement late this month and 1st half of April.

Yeah they've been pretty consistent with that...some bust potential in the models for end of this month...high amplitude with ridging nearby to the west but possible cutoffs near us.

Down to about 57 here now, 75 inside. Sweating my rear end off.

Thursday is going to be brutal.

I have no A/C in my house, so stop complaining, I deal with this s**t all summer.

This is nothing, the worst is when it is 95, and humid, and the coolest place in your house is the basement.

Archived