Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
2012 Spring Banter Thread

Ellinwood

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to Patapsco Valley St Park yesterday and spent most of the afternoon playing disc golf and letting the dog run around. My buddy and I were discussing how we've been able to play all winter with pretty much no weather probs. Even with temps around 40, some wind, and the occasional snowflakes blowing by yesterday, I didn't need a jacket, hat, or gloves. From start to finish, this has been one of the lowest impact winters I can remember having for a long, long, time.

One of the byproducts of this is the eary birth of weeds this year. I have large beds and a terraced back yard. Last year I let the weeds get the best of me and it sucked. I swore I would have the beds totally prepped this year well before anything spouted. I put this weekend on the calendar last fall thinking it would be plenty early. Nope. Plenty of small weeds had already taken over. It was still a b!tch getting the job done and it's only the first week of march. This is going to be a big growth year for alot of plants (unless we have a drought of course).

Archived