:o

International Falls, MN

GFSX MOS (MEX)

KINL GFSX MOS GUIDANCE 3/13/2012 1200 UTC

FHR 24 36| 48 60| 72 84| 96 108|120 132|144 156|168 180|

WED 14| THU 15| FRI 16| SAT 17| SUN 18| MON 19| TUE 20| CLIMO

N/X 33 54| 25 55 | 30 62| 44 65 | 48 64 | 47 65 | 43 60 | 13 37

MOS bust.

High today: 77. Previous record 55. A +42 on the high, +41 on the day.

A +42 for DCA would be 98 today. A 22 degree record beat would be 110.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want to see the cherry blossoms around the DC Tidal Basin, go now (they were all out on the 18th) and don't wait for the weekend.

Yes, winter daffodils. Yes, Easter flowers. But AZALEAS getting ready to pop open in Arlington VA before the spring equinox? That IS unusual.

If you want to see the cherry blossoms around the DC Tidal Basin, go now (they were all out on the 18th) and don't wait for the weekend.

Yes, winter daffodils. Yes, Easter flowers. But AZALEAS getting ready to pop open in Arlington VA before the spring equinox? That IS unusual.

Was down there yesterday. It was spectacular

Definitely weird. The buds are about to pop on our azaleas....crazy.

My weeping cherry in the front yard is 100% full bloom right now. The earliest since I bought the house in 2003.

I was up near Hanover PA this weeked at Codorus state park. Same thing up that way. Everything is coming to life. I watched a couple people shore fishing for bass and I saw a 20 something girl catch 3 nice bass in 30 minutes. I dig girls that fish. Not sure why but it's cool.

It's mid May weather in late March, with no end in sight to the warm weather.

Next month, April, I look forward to 80s and 90s with June-like dewpoints (dews in the mid to upper 60s).

This is going to be a summer to remember - very, very toasty.

Currently 68 degrees with a 60 degree dewpoint.

Mine are planted. Of course, I start from seed and they're started inside. I do have a few volunteer squash that have come up in my garden, however.

KD

I don't have the hardware to start from seed yet, so I order online - might start my own next year.

No volunteers so far, and probably the only ones I'd get would be cucumbers. I was pretty much on top of all my peppers and tomatoes last summer. My garlic (planted in late October) is looking great, though.

My Hostas are going nuts along with my other spring flowers and tulips and trees and fruit trees and grass and birds and worms and chipmunks

Mine too. I dug up one of my huge hostas to make room for another pepper plant or two. The thing would die in the summer heat/sun anyways, so there was no reason to keep it there.

The chickweed is loving this weather. I just hired a lawn care company, so hopefully this will be the last spring that my backyard resembles a forest meadow.

Mine too. I dug up one of my huge hostas to make room for another pepper plant or two. The thing would die in the summer heat/sun anyways, so there was no reason to keep it there.

The chickweed is loving this weather. I just hired a lawn care company, so hopefully this will be the last spring that my backyard resembles a forest meadow.

I've heard that corn gluten is the way to go. It is expensive for a 20lb bag but more tree hugger friendly so there is that. I am trying that with the SON fall treatment suggestions to see if I can get a grip on my weeds.

I've heard that corn gluten is the way to go. It is expensive for a 20lb bag but more tree hugger friendly so there is that. I am trying that with the SON fall treatment suggestions to see if I can get a grip on my weeds.

I've heard that, too. I'm big on the idea of organic, but my lawn is in dire need of a professional to fix it up - it was at least a couple years before we moved in (three years ago) that it had real attention paid to it. Hopefully it'll come around in a couple years and I can take over from there, keeping the chemicals to an absolute minimum.

I do go chemical-free in the garden, though. Compost is the way to go.

Archived