joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Obi-One-Marchobi Episode III The Return of the Weenie

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yup solid pounding by GFS. Be interesting if PB changes or sticks with futility forecast.

Welp, he's sticking with 0 for Boston and 1-3 still for me although it appears he put Worcester in 3-6.

Pete B...this could be real bad for you. Many ppl watch the 11pm news, go to bed, wake up early, grab coffee and head out for the day.

People who watch WHDH will only think a coating is coming...boy could they be in for quite the surprise.

I don't know why but I get the feeling that ORH will clean up in this. I know it probably looks just north of there right now, but they usually find a way to do really good in these situations. Easterly flow adding some upslope cooling to keep it all snow and slightly higher precip rates on long duration easterly wind.

I don't know why but I get the feeling that ORH will clean up in this.  I know it probably looks just north of there right now, but they usually find a way to do really good in these situations.  Easterly flow adding some upslope cooling to keep it all snow and slightly higher precip rates on long duration easterly wind.

Keep it 20 miles north please

Interesting post from Matt Noyes

"...my reasoning for keeping amounts down actually comes thousands of feet above our heads. The temperature though a deep layer of the snow-producing cloud layer over New England is sub-freezing - warm enough for snow - but not cold enough for efficiently accumulating snow crystals. Rather, the temperature aloft is supportive of some of the worst kind of accumulating flakes that can develop. As a result, I've kept amounts reasonable..."

http://www.mattnoyes.net/new_england_weather/2012/02/as-latest-forecast-data-comes-in-no-change-to-the-new-england-snowfall-accumulation-forecast.html

The RGEM is colder around here at 850 than the GFS/NAM. That almost never happens. I hope it's right because the NAM got a little warmer and now has us on the fence from 0Z to 12Z with good qpf, but could be badly tainted by sleet. The GFS held serve so the NAM came to it in terms of thermal profile around here. The 12Z Euro was more like the RGEM...we'll see what 0Z brings.

RGEM, NAM, now GFS. Game on.

Interesting post from Matt Noyes

"...my reasoning for keeping amounts down actually comes thousands of feet above our heads. The temperature though a deep layer of the snow-producing cloud layer over New England is sub-freezing - warm enough for snow - but not cold enough for efficiently accumulating snow crystals. Rather, the temperature aloft is supportive of some of the worst kind of accumulating flakes that can develop. As a result, I've kept amounts reasonable..."

http://www.mattnoyes...n-forecast.html

Goes back to the question I asked earlier about having that nose of warm air at about 700.

Pete B has been very conservative for a long time and seems like a Ed Carrol forecast from BZ back in the 90's...lame ass storm forecast..I am surprised that he gave such a low end snow totals..Its gonna bite him on his arse wednesday am...sort of decieving the viewers...

he just doubled down, says Jerry better buy an umbrella.

I can go to be happy tonight now but im still staying up for the euro :snowing:

I won't. But I will be checking the short range models (RUC/HRRR) in the morning.

Final call in case i didn't post it already. Blend of NAM/SREF probs.

BDR: 1-3

HVN 1-3

GON: 1-3

HFD: 4-6

BDL: 4-6

ORH: 6-10

BOS: 5-7

PVD: 2-4

TAN: 2-4

CQX:1-3

HYA:2-4

CON: 8-12