• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Obi-One-Marchobi Episode III The Return of the Weenie

HoarfrostHubb

Pete B has been very conservative for a long time and seems like a Ed Carrol forecast from BZ back in the 90's...lame ass storm forecast..I am surprised that he gave such a low end snow totals..Its gonna bite him on his arse wednesday am...sort of decieving the viewers...

Stil standing his ground at 11 pm. Banking on E wind keeping Boston mainly rain. "Maybe a coating in Boston." Ouch.

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pete B has been very conservative for a long time and seems like a Ed Carrol forecast from BZ back in the 90's...lame ass storm forecast..I am surprised that he gave such a low end snow totals..Its gonna bite him on his arse wednesday am...sort of decieving the viewers...

I missed his forecast, did he give his reasoning?

edit: I see what his reasons are in above posts, hope hes wrong.

Not sure bout anyone else..but Matt Noyes snow totals are to low or is he afraid of going with the NAM qpf or what...great to give a scientific view of why and how come..but if SNE ends up getting smoked..he's gonna be wearing egg on his face tomorrow morning for breakfast..just saying..I respect Matt to the moon and back..great great Met..but eeks..rather low totals for this upcoming event...

Pete B: Mostly rain inside 128. Ballsy.

GFS soundings depict the switch to rain for areas close to the coast after hr 36ish.

NAM on the other hand does not at all, I'd favor the NAM in a setup like this when it comes to temperature profiles. I'm surprised at how cold NAM is from 900 mb up to 600mb with temps around -5c. if that's close to right wouldn't the snow growth actually be decent? Of course having the surface at 32-33 would be more a factor in poor ratios given the NAM output.

Still can't figure out the disparity between GFS and NAM on this one. I won't blame Pete B, or Matt N if they are off. The data doesn't seem to be any good. Sounds like a lot of wish-casting going on right now. My wish: Let any accumulating snow come in after the evening commute so there are less accidents.

Archived