EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
2012 Winter Banter Thread #3

yoda

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh...Key West is pretty overrated, IMO. Outside of some of the nicer water front hotels/resorts and a short section of Duval St., the town is kind of a dump.

I was kind of thrown off by all of the chickens runnning loose near the airport when I was there in 2004. Kinda seedy away from the main Duval strip, but pretty fun, either way. Ian, you should rent a scooter and drive around the island in the morning ( I did it and it was great). Also, they have pretty good whale watching boat tours that leave early in the am and are stocked with rum punch. I was there (by chance) during 'Pirates Week' so needless to say there were some interesting things going on.

62F and beautiful here, breezy, however. Looking forward to an inch of rain Weds for our sprouting flowers.

Check already cashed and cleared Thurs-Sat. Skied waist to chest deep white smoke for the last few days. Our forum is exciting during all the seasons. Stop by and say hello more often.

Note: I am not trolling. Just sayin' hi and inviting y'all to come up and ski. Best conditions of the season right now.

STFU

STFU

I've never skied and have never had a scintilla of interest in starting; probably because this ain't ski country

even if I did, snow amounts from NE/NNE mts. areas are meaningless down here (not to mention just climo wx-wise)

I don't have a problem with anyone from any area posting in this forum because it's open to all but posting snow totals from the NE/NNE mts in here is about as relevant to us as our posting record high temps in July and August in the NE thread...so why do it unsolicited?

Might be hard to stay a week or 10 days but it's warm and I'm chilling by a pool. A lot of tourist towns are kinda crappy outside the tourist spots.

Go to this place so we can see you live on the "Hog" cam. http://hogsbreath.com/hogcam/stagecam.cfm There's a guy playing a guitar right now. Looks like a cool place. I was just telling the wife the other day we ought to go to Key West for our anniversary next Feb.

FYP.

Actually I hope we go from April to August without a thunderstorm so that the people who like severe weather are miserable.

I hope all the flowers and blooming trees blossom on the same day and then the next day they are destroyed by a one in 500 year cold snap.

I hope we go from April to August with cloudy days about 95% of the time and temps that average about 20 degrees below normal.

I hope we have a drought and the leaves all fall off the trees in early September before turning colors.

I want everyone to understand the misery of those who love winter first hand. B)

Your posts suck.

QPF? Still next Monday? I'm desperate. I don't care that it's 7 days away and won't happen. Anything to give me some hope. :facepalm:

probably .05-.10 range...it hits Richmond better and then blows up into a pretty good coastal that goes due east out to sea. It shows precip at 18z and 00z monday

Go to this place so we can see you live on the "Hog" cam. http://hogsbreath.com/hogcam/stagecam.cfm There's a guy playing a guitar right now. Looks like a cool place. I was just telling the wife the other day we ought to go to Key West for our anniversary next Feb.

I've liked it. It's pretty chill especially on the south end of the island where we are staying. We are leaving tomorrow.. Got here midday Friday. I'd come back in the future.

probably .05-.10 range...it hits Richmond better and then blows up into a pretty good coastal that goes due east out to sea. It shows precip at 18z and 00z monday

Maybe well end up being the richmond of this storm. At any rate...the euro keeps showing a march 1999 type clipper for early next week

...I think you forgot that 99 was a clipper on steroids. ;)

At any rate, the GFS has been showing a clipper around the same time frame for the past few runs. It's moisture-starved like most clippers and it's a week away. If that's what we're holding on to for hope, we should probably just give up, lol.

FYP.

Actually I hope we go from April to August without a thunderstorm so that the people who like severe weather are miserable.

I hope all the flowers and blooming trees blossom on the same day and then the next day they are destroyed by a one in 500 year cold snap.

I hope we go from April to August with cloudy days about 95% of the time and temps that average about 20 degrees below normal.

I hope we have a drought and the leaves all fall off the trees in early September before turning colors.

I want everyone to understand the misery of those who love winter first hand. B)

Seek help.

I've liked it. It's pretty chill especially on the south end of the island where we are staying. We are leaving tomorrow.. Got here midday Friday. I'd come back in the future.

Good deal. When it's a crappy day up here, a quick look at the Hog Cams makes me feel like I'm there. I had forgot about them for a while.

Has anyone been using wunderground's BestForecast? This is the first time I've really looked at it. They aren't kidding that they actually took into account personal weather stations. Here's my general neighborhood. I sit on a little ridge, so I get cold air drainage away from my house on decent to good radiational cooling nights. Sure enough, the forecast for my station for tonight is a good 5 degrees warmer than the cooler stations a couple of miles away.

post-1746-0-35355600-1330380776.jpg

Has anyone been using wunderground's BestForecast? This is the first time I've really looked at it. They aren't kidding that they actually took into account personal weather stations. Here's my general neighborhood. I sit on a little ridge, so I get cold air drainage away from my house on decent to good radiational cooling nights. Sure enough, the forecast for my station for tonight is a good 5 degrees warmer than the cooler stations a couple of miles away.

post-1746-0-35355600-1330380776.jpg

I will check that out, I am 900' above the valley and conditions can be very different, as much as 25 degrees!

I noticed the regular forecasts on wunderground only update 1 time perday and go out 10 days now. that just changed in the past couple weeks, I prefered the old way.

I will check that out, I am 900' above the valley and conditions can be very different, as much as 25 degrees!

I noticed the regular forecasts on wunderground only update 1 time perday and go out 10 days now. that just changed in the past couple weeks, I prefered the old way.

You can toggle it on and off (it's on by default).

LOL. Such hostility! Why can't you guys lighten up. You take all of this waaaaaay to seriously. Can't you just be happy for us?

We would be if you didn't keep posting out of your forum and bragging.........................

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

You fit that pretty well.

No... GTFO... don't you have skiiing to do? Or are you finished telling weatherMA yet to hit the books cause school won't close?

LOL. It's flattering that you guys spend so much time in the SNE threads. Lot's of skiing to do the next couple of months. Honestly, why are you guys so hostile. We are all members and donors (most of us) to the same forum. I like to read your threads sometimes (Wes is great). As soon as I pop in to say hi I get attacked. Ratchet it down a little. WeatherMA will likely get the school closing he is looking for but don't tell him.

LOL. It's flattering that you guys spend so much time in the SNE threads. Lot's of skiing to do the next couple of months. Honestly, why are you guys so hostile. We are all members and donors (most of us) to the same forum. I like to read your threads sometimes (Wes is great). As soon as I pop in to say hi I get attacked. Ratchet it down a little. WeatherMA will likely get the school closing he is looking for but don't tell him.

lolz - you did not pop in "just to say hi" - If you had...it would have been "hi great weather you guys are having down there!"

Instead, you proceeded to talk about how much snow you have. Keep that in your subforum and if you want to say hi here, just do it.

Archived