joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2012 Winter Banter Thread #3

yoda

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be giving myself a F for my forecast. Just before that, I had one of the best forecasts for summer 2011. How's the -QBO doing?

I stepped way out of my element in October and gave some Agri-business friends in east Texas a forecast for this winter. Predictably, I said it was likely that the Nina would have the drought down there continue and not likely break till later this year. I just sent them a note earlier this week giving myself an F- for the forecast. The one saving grace for me is that the anomalous rains that led to my bust were good for them and made them happy. The snowfall bust around here, the people are not so happy...

I heard angelos was looking to sell the team. That couldnt happen soon enough for baltimore fans. He on ly allows 110-120 million for player payroll per year. Thats nothing. Your right thought he is the +ao that wont shift!!!

Payroll has been capped at $80-85 million the past few years, and again this year.

Sorry for the off-topic, but there isn't much winter to banter about..

Payroll has been capped at $80-85 million the past few years, and again this year.

Sorry for the off-topic, but there isn't much winter to banter about..

cant run a team and hope to win on that little money. Angelos is a disaster for baltimore. He doesn't really care anymore and baltimore fans pay for this. I,m surprised the staduum is as populated as it is. Why they go to watch this fiasco as a team is beyond me. And it wont change any time soon. Sorry for the off topic too. Am watching the tornado outbreak on tv. What a nightmare for those west of us. I sure dont want to be around any tornado again. I lived in tornado alley while attending a college, and I was close enough to one that I dont want to relive the experience.

I am not a Nats fan (Reds fan actually), but do not sleep on the Nats this year. They are legit. I think they could be a .500 team easily.

Well, I'm not really a 'Nats fan either, but I do have to agree with you that they probably won't be half-bad this year.

Only second to the continuing saga and nightmare of tbe orioles 15th loosing season about to unfold!!!

As a long-suffering Cleveland Indians fan (heck, any Cleveland sports team for that matter!), I hear you!

Well, I'm not really a 'Nats fan either, but I do have to agree with you that they probably won't be half-bad this year.

As a long-suffering Cleveland Indians fan (heck, any Cleveland sports team for that matter!), I hear you!

No decent well respected gm or manager will have anything to do with the orioles now that andy mcphail had pulled out of the org. Dont know why showalter stays and duquette wont do anything but bring in more cheap foreign talent, as good us talent wont come here. It a joke on the balto fans yet they keep attending. The games. Angelos is making money on this team oh well it doesnt really matter.

Dont expect anything from the clipper maybe some showers or flurries. Time for it to grt warm and stay that way. Ehy break the pattern now!!!

Agreed. Moneyball is a good movie though. I recommend. I used to watch baseball alot but it got so boring to watch that I would almost prefer to watch soccer now......nah :P

I'm a soccer fanatic (play it and watch it live and on TV) who played baseball in college. I don't think I've wittingly watched a baseball game in 15 years.

anyone check out the 12z GFS next weekend...1044 high over New England with moisture over us?

Dear SRN stream,

Would you like a KU setup handed to you on a gold platter. I guess a silver platter just isn't good enough for you.

J/K I know the SRN stream never cooperates during a La Nina Year and a 1040MB high just means cold and dry, followed by warm an rain.

I think the next weekend thing might have something to it. That monster high has been showing up for a while. GFS truncates, but I think it would look decent if it didnt/ Don't know about the cutoff h5 low thing though. I'm hearing the Euro shows some sort of storm as well?

Euro does have an event! If it's a half foot or higher, I'd drive north-- EC does bring me a little snow as well. It's a weird progression with the storm and I imagine rates and elevation will play a huge roll.

Archived