joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/27/12 SWFE Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point, I think that's about right. Maybe another inch of snow if we can really thump before the flip.

radar not really looking too great in the thump department for this area downstream. I had made my post about the flakes looking refrozen and then saw your post which explained why pretty well.

It is nice having a NNE met on here lately during the events. As few as they have been.

sorry Chris, not sure how I missed that post. It is nice to get some snow although the echoes are breaking up w and s nh as i write so who knows.. 4 inches would be a huge victory.

4 inches would be a miracle with sleet starting to mix in hooksett as per Brians(dendrite) folks report.

radar not really looking too great in the thump department for this area downstream. I had made my post about the flakes looking refrozen and then saw your post which explained why pretty well.

It is nice having a NNE met on here lately during the events. As few as they have been.

That is the real problem here, the best omega arrives well after it warms aloft for much of the GYX southern CWA.

Radar looks paltry for the Monadnocks, and by the time that heavier batch swings through from the SW it might be too late for snow. Have about 0.5" here with -SN.

ORH reporting unkonwn precip?

Its still snow here...though the the large flakes are rimed a bit. You can hear them hit. ORH still reporting snow.

It won't really matter either way as this last burst is about to move out and there precip is light behind it.

That is the real problem here, the best omega arrives well after it warms aloft for much of the GYX southern CWA.

For a while it was looking like a nice thump from S NH on north. I might be able to pull off that inch with some freezing rain accretion on top. Hopefully it at least coats the trees and looks nice for a while tomorrow, so long as the power doesn't go out. Shouldn't get anywhere near that in this area though.

Radar looks paltry for the Monadnocks, and by the time that heavier batch swings through from the SW it might be too late for snow. Have about 0.5" here with -SN.

Agreed, you really haven't been treated to the best first year in the Monadnocks. Sure you got a surprise inch last night but that's nothing. Have you decided whether or not you'll be teaching there next year?

Agreed, you really haven't been treated to the best first year in the Monadnocks. Sure you got a surprise inch last night but that's nothing. Have you decided whether or not you'll be teaching there next year?

The winter has been horrible here in the Monadnocks....outside of the 25" storm in October, we've only had about 15" of snow in November/December/January combined. With just patches of snow on the ground on Jan 26th and the winter averaging +5 approximately, it's been hideous. The worst winter I saw in VT was 09-10, and this is MUCH MUCH worse because that winter I got to chase storms in NYC. We might see some hope from a +PNA in February, but I fear the arctic air and snowpack will have to wait until next year as the PV retreats to Asia, torching Canada, and the sun angle increases by that point naturally.

I am not sure about teaching at Hampshire Country School next year...it's a pretty rough job working with kids with Aspergers/schizophrenia and the salary is pretty low for a full-time teacher who also works a bunch of weekends and nights (20k+room and board for the academic year). I am interviewing for the NYC Teaching Fellowship, in which I'd commit to 2 years with NYC in exchange for sponsoring my Masters and a 50k/year salary. I also have some private schools with better student populations that I've been talking to. I really like working with kids but my patience is definitely being stretched here with difficult students, long hours, and mediocre pay.

Archived