• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
The Official Winter 2011-12 Futility Record Thread

Damage In Tolland

got a dusting last night before it changed over to rain.

lol

I'm currently at 34.5" on the season with 20 of it coming in Oct. I'm going to out on a limb and say I finish at 35" on the season.

Similar story here. There was decent accum on the grass, but none on my deck/driveway/steps, etc, so I did not count it...

Unfathomable that I got 23" between the 2 Oct events and less than 12" since

Jerry's squirrels are to blame

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

23" in October FTW

Keep in mind too, we've only had 1.5 inches in Feb, sadly I'm sure that's more than some folks. But I wouldn't be surprised if I was above average for a short time during mid/late January. Through 1/21 I was over 40 inches and knew it was not all that bad compared to SNE as a whole, even up till now at 86% of climo through whenever the map was made it isn't really all that bad.

Keep in mind too, we've only had 1.5 inches in Feb, sadly I'm sure that's more than some folks. But I wouldn't be surprised if I was above average for a short time during mid/late January. Through 1/21 I was over 40 inches and knew it was not all that bad compared to SNE as a whole, even up till now at 86% of climo through whenever the map was made it isn't really all that bad.

"Some folks" probably includes about 80% of New England's board membership, including everyone in Maine except Vim Toot. Only the Berks and Greens have had a bit more. Sad.

Problem is that we can't rule out a storm dropping a couple inches for another 6 weeks.

But otherwise, I do agree with you

Dude, what was up with that kid on your status blaming this winter on climate change, then throwing a temper tantrum when I didn't agree lol.

He refused to address that Boston's futility record is from 1937 and that if anything, our mean snowfall has INCREASED over the past two decades.....he told me he didn't respect my opinion, tossed a quote and a youtube clip at me while pontificating like he was Robert Frost and went off in a huff. :lol:

This conversation is "terminated". :lol:

It's a simple discussion, not a college term paper.....you really need a quote lol

Archived