• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
The Official Winter 2011-12 Futility Record Thread

Damage In Tolland

CP can cash in without blocking in a Nina...short memories for not remembering 2007-2008 or December 2008...it won't be easy, but it happens. You usually need over the top cold air which is what we might have....no guarantees.

But for the purpose of those in this thread rooting for the futility record...I hope I get a foot of snow and you guys get screwed and get the coveted futility record...that way all of us will be happy.

Not sure how many times I have to say before you can assimilate this, but I'd love a big event....I just don't want to "1 of slusher" my way to 21" as opposed to 19".

I'm not sure what is so difficult to understand about that.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how many times I have to say before you can assimilate this, but I'd love a big event....I just don't want to "1 of slusher" my way to 21" as opposed to 19".

I'm not sure what is so difficult to understand about that.

I assumed you already checked out since you spiked the ball for February.

Even if this winter does not set any climo (or Ray's) futility record, it really has to rank up there with the worst in our collective memories.

Of course I have the Octpber event to make it "interesting" but that was practically in 2010-2011

Wretched boredom since then for the most part. March came early this year. It came in December

Even if this winter does not set any climo (or Ray's) futility record, it really has to rank up there with the worst in our collective memories.

Of course I have the Octpber event to make it "interesting" but that was practically in 2010-2011

Wretched boredom since then for the most part. March came early this year. It came in December

It's really amazing how we haven't been even able to get together more than a few flakes. I haven't even had a coating of snow since 1/20!

I will agree if it doesn't produce much in late Feb or March...but I will wait until its done to rank its futility...we often like to prematurely rank winters when they aren't done. If we get a huge bomb in mid March, then it fixes some sins...not all of them, but it would change the way we view this winter.

I will agree if it doesn't produce much in late Feb or March...but I will wait until its done to rank its futility...we often like to prematurely rank winters when they aren't done. If we get a huge bomb in mid March, then it fixes some sins...not all of them, but it would change the way we view this winter.

Yup. Hoping for a bookend.

Dr. Angela Ahuja Malik from Allergy and Asthma in Chelmsford says the mild temperatures will also mean an early start to the pollen season.

“Instead of things coming out in April, we are looking at them coming out in early March. So you are looking at a pretty long season as well.”

The constant mild days and cool nights is also making an early start the maple sugar season.

“The sap has been flowing off and on through the entire winter. We tapped last week. With the warm weather we expect the maple trees to begin budding earlier this season which usually signals the end of our maple sap harvest,” says Greg Bodine, assistant crops manager at Drumlin Farm in Lincoln.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/02/15/unwelcome-consequences-likely-after-warm-winter/

Dr. Angela Ahuja Malik from Allergy and Asthma in Chelmsford says the mild temperatures will also mean an early start to the pollen season.

“Instead of things coming out in April, we are looking at them coming out in early March. So you are looking at a pretty long season as well.”

The constant mild days and cool nights is also making an early start the maple sugar season.

“The sap has been flowing off and on through the entire winter. We tapped last week. With the warm weather we expect the maple trees to begin budding earlier this season which usually signals the end of our maple sap harvest,” says Greg Bodine, assistant crops manager at Drumlin Farm in Lincoln.

http://boston.cbsloc...er-warm-winter/

That would be nice if it told us we were done for the winter...but it usually sounds like we are until we remember we are in New England and that big March snow events do happen despite the recent drought of March snow events.

That would be nice if it told us we were done for the winter...but it usually sounds like we are until we remember we are in New England and that big March snow events do happen despite the recent drought of March snow events.

oh heck, i know we can get snow in May...i thought the article was an interesting read...wanted to share it, and the futility thread seemed like it fit...

oh heck, i know we can get snow in May...i thought the article was an interesting read...wanted to share it, and the futility thread seemed like it fit...

Yes it has its values, but i think it has zero predictive future. Its values are how warm its been here.

Sorry, but rooting for futility seems like the dumbest idea ever. Why would you root for continue boredom in a time where you still have chances for winter wx. It's like a weird defensive or comfort mechanism...I just don't get it. If it doesn't snow a flake..so be it, but to root for it? I just don't get it. So if we have a cool June..do we root for 50 and drizzle right through July 4th?

I's dumb to root for futility. One of the dumbest things I've seen on the boards,,and I;ve seen alot

I understand peple are frustrated and want to root for futility if nothing else because this winter has been a joke, but these arethe months that I enjoy. I just don't get the joy of hoping for more boredom...it really does not make sense to me.

I's dumb to root for futility. One of the dumbest things I've seen on the boards,,and I;ve seen alot

But shouldn't we be gunning for the top pattern pick for next season -- sort of like a weather version of suck for Luck?? ;)

We won't set any futility records up here, but it's still been a horrible winter. Either way I'd never root for boredom.

I'm not rooting for futility...but when I see bare ground in mid February, when CON has had NOT ONE INCH of snow this month, I start to see a tilled garden, greening grass and leafout. That's what I'm focused on. Could care less about some futility record as I dont' need my feelings to be independently verified. Would love to get one more biggie though....or a little stretch of snow and cold before an all turn to early spring.

I'm not rooting for futility...but when I see bare ground in mid February, when CON has had NOT ONE INCH of snow this month, I start to see a tilled garden, greening grass and leafout. That's what I'm focused on. Could care less about some futility record as I dont' need my feelings to be independently verified. Would love to get one more biggie though....or a little stretch of snow and cold before an all turn to early spring.

I wouldn't be rooting for futility either had I seen 2' of snow in October.

I understand peple are frustrated and want to root for futility if nothing else because this winter has been a joke, but these arethe months that I enjoy. I just don't get the joy of hoping for more boredom...it really does not make sense to me.

I random inch or two of slush IS more boredom for me....if you're gonna give me a bonafide storm, then fine....otherwise I'd rather at least have something to show for my 5 month death march.

Just look at my sig for 07 to see that decent Marches and Aprils can happen up here. With that said, I wouldn't be opposed to a Spring 2010 either since we have a chance to get into March while possibly avoiding a mud season. Do you have bare ground now? I have about 1-2" depth here aside from around trees and buildings where the bare ground is beginning to expand. The driveway is still mostly snow and ice.

Just look at my sig for 07 to see that decent Marches and Aprils can happen up here. With that said, I wouldn't be opposed to a Spring 2010 either since we have a chance to get into March while possibly avoiding a mud season. Do you have bare ground now? I have about 1-2" depth here aside from around trees and buildings where the bare ground is beginning to expand. The driveway is still mostly snow and ice.

You haven't updated for January. Just wondering what your total is for the year so far.

Archived