gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
The Official Winter 2011-12 Futility Record Thread

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the teleconnnection index's really can't get much worse. on the gufus....big + NAO nice + epo (save 3 days) nice large -PNA .

seems we cleaned up with this PNA ridge pattern change.....we had 0 changes and 0 inches ...with like what .20 precip.

i think late april early may will reallly rock thou....(

Ray don't give up, very promising pattern upcoming. Look for big production in the next two weeks. Lots of chances. Please think positive thoughts.

lots of chances in nina with no blocking = get out the rain jackets SNE

and yes i got your sarcasm :)

it's like what the F is there to look forward to in this upcoming pattern for the CP of SNE.....long shots.....and slushy inch of snow followed by ran if were lucky

NNE and CNE (elevations) may cash in .....so it's very interesting (potentially) for them.

for us it's just another way to get f'd but in a more exciting way

lots of chances in nina with no blocking = get out the rain jackets SNE

and yes i got your sarcasm :)

it's like what the F is there to look forward to in this upcoming pattern for the CP of SNE.....long shots.....and slushy inch of snow followed by ran if were lucky

NNE and CNE (elevations) may cash in .....so it's very interesting (potentially) for them.

for us it's just another way to get f'd but in a more exciting way

CP can cash in without blocking in a Nina...short memories for not remembering 2007-2008 or December 2008...it won't be easy, but it happens. You usually need over the top cold air which is what we might have....no guarantees.

But for the purpose of those in this thread rooting for the futility record...I hope I get a foot of snow and you guys get screwed and get the coveted futility record...that way all of us will be happy.

HubbDave I know...clearly I've missed the boat this year on all these big snow events. I really shouldn't have been so pessimistic back in November when it was kind of clear this winter would suck to start.

And ORH wrong thread...we should start a hopeless optimism thread so nobody gets their panties in a bunch and break it out by subregions withing the subforum.

HubbDave I know...clearly I've missed the boat this year on all these big snow events. I really shouldn't have been so pessimistic back in November when it was kind of clear this winter would suck to start.

And ORH wrong thread...we should start a hopeless optimism thread so nobody gets their panties in a bunch and break it out by subregions withing the subforum.

Sub forums are and have been a disaster. Irony is as a board the majority voted not to have them but having friends in high places gives influence. Reap what they sowed now.

Sub forums are and have been a disaster. Irony is as a board the majority voted not to have them but having friends in high places gives influence. Reap what they sowed now.

No, the vote was about 60/40 in favor of. We did back on eastern and we considered it very carefully. The trolling was at an all time before subforums were created but people seem to forget that and only remember "the glory days" back in 2005-2007 when the board was smaller and we didn't have as many issues.

I don't like the lack of inter-regional discussion with subforums but its actually improved the trolling part (less of it) and more importantly, we don't have 1 thread for each region that includes banter, 3 different storm threat, current obs, and climo stats...its more organized. Hopefully with time the deficiencies go away.

No, the vote was about 60/40 in favor of. We did back on eastern and we considered it very carefully. The trolling was at an all time before subforums were created but people seem to forget that and only remember "the glory days" back in 2005-2007 when the board was smaller and we didn't have as many issues.

I don't like the lack of inter-regional discussion with subforums but its actually improved the trolling part (less of it) and more importantly, we don't have 1 thread for each region that includes banter, 3 different storm threat, current obs, and climo stats...its more organized. Hopefully with time the deficiencies go away.

Bull Will. I know exactly what the vote was. Regionality has destroyed any sense of unified common interaction, except for the Mets who are perceived as Gods.

I agree. Although I do miss seeing people from other regions and I spent much less time interacting with members from outside of New England I think in general subforums have been a big success. I like having multiple threads in one sub-forum that's one stop shopping.

Bull Will. I know exactly what the vote was. Regionality has destroyed any sense of unified common interaction, except for the Mets who are perceived as Gods.

Clearly you don't Steve...I wouldn't make it up. Maybe you are remembering a much earlier poll about subforums. I remember one about 2 years before that was not in favor of, but about 6 months before we switched we had a pretty lengthy vote and tried to get all input and it was about 60/40 in favor of.

Clearly you don't Steve...I wouldn't make it up. Maybe you are remembering a much earlier poll about subforums. I remember one about 2 years before that was not in favor of, but about 6 months before we switched we had a pretty lengthy vote and tried to get all input and it was about 60/40 in favor of.

Well my link says different, the poll you reference had 100 votes, this one 300

There was one in Sept after the Feb one, mute point though. I argued against it, Phil, Kev did too. Now look what happened.

Eh, it is what it is...we aren't going back any time soon with the size of the board. Every board our size has subforums. Its not feasible to take them away with the number of posters now vs 2007.

Archived