• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Thursday's storm ...Rain, wind, snow and ice?

OKpowdah

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even down here it's a slopfest with northerly ageo flow in BL.

Yeah the CAD isn't the question I don't think...it's the mid levels. Hopefully two things can happen. First is to have the confluence stronger and south. Second, is to have the srn vort try to gain longitude before moving north in advance of that big ULL in the Midwest.

Sigh... just waiting for the inevitable slide NW...

What gives you that idea?

NAM coming into agreement with the others. I wouldn't have much faith in it 84 hours out yesterday, but now that we're inside 60 hours, and moving towards a consensus....

GFS will likely at a minimum hold serve, but considering the GEFS were colder, I'd wager colder.

I don't think Ray should be left out of dicsussion either, since he's in ne mass which is closer to CAD source and also had colder mid level temps. Of course that's if the low behaves as modeled.

Ray will get snow and/or rain. Rarely is icing a problem on the interior CP. It goes from thumping snows to the first ping then rain at 33.1 just fifteen minutes later in these setups.

Yeah the CAD isn't the question I don't think...it's the mid levels. Hopefully two things can happen. First is to have the confluence stronger and south. Second, is to have the srn vort try to gain longitude before moving northers in advance of that big ULL in the Midwest.

Not expecting much snow here but pingers and a glaze seems like a decent bet.

Man, the NAM nearly holds the snow line in northern MA for a bulk of this storm..it halts between 12z and 15z as the mid-level flow at 850mb is turning more easterly...basically cold conveyor belt beginning to feed into it. Should be interesting to see the other guidance as the NAM had been the warmest by far.

This run harkens back to Dec 2007.

What gives you that idea?

NAM coming into agreement with the others. I wouldn't have much faith in it 84 hours out yesterday, but now that we're inside 60 hours, and moving towards a consensus....

GFS will likely at a minimum hold serve, but considering the GEFS were colder, I'd wager colder.

Well, I hope you're right. Walking the tightrope...still, if I get an inch or 2, that will be ok, because it might stick around for more than a day or so...

Just seems like several of this season's events have been magically tugged NW. Lucy/football

Well, I hope you're right. Walking the tightrope...still, if I get an inch or 2, that will be ok, because it might stick around for more than a day or so...

Just seems like several of this season's events have been magically tugged NW. Lucy/football

I hear ya. But I think you will be pleasantly surprised. It'll be white up north for me too, but still not sold on the Merrimack Valley.

Archived