• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Thursday's storm ...Rain, wind, snow and ice?

OKpowdah

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are some similarities to some of our horrible solutions we've had with southern stream vorts, so I think it's wise for people not to geek out yet, although I'm guilty as charged and probably won't see much if anything..lol. At least this time around the antecedent airmass is ok and we now have a high drilling colder air into the interior.

This is like 67% of why I'm peeved at the collective nit picking to find a way to prove why everyone shall remain in hell -

stop ignoring this - jesus. You know? wow.

But yeah, agreed, this is different this time because of those factors.

lol... just playin'

Your attitude the last 2 weeks has been infectious. When others say "can't", you say "CAN!"

Yeah yeah... it's just that it's been written on the wall for about that long - it's been nothing but reasons to rejoice, yet the garbage persist. It's like some spoil pos brat that's going, "No, if i can't have my way right now..."

This is like 67% of why I'm peeved at the collective nit picking to find a way to prove why everyone shall remain in hell -

stop ignoring this - jesus. You know? wow.

But yeah, agreed, this is different this time because of those factors.

I think people aren't ignoring this, but it's not far from going into se mass. Either way, like Will said..areas across nrn mass are starting to look like they will be sub freezing. That part can't be ignored.

Yeah yeah... it's just that it's been written on the wall for about that long - it's been nothing but reasons to rejoice, yet the garbage persist. It's like some spoil pos brat that's going, "No, if i can't have my way right now..."

I figured I would wait about another week before I melted down. This could be soothing...

...no, wait, dammit, it WILL be soothing!!!

Well, there was a storm... just not quite the kind I like

True. I suppose in any other normal December that one might have been snow. There truly was no cold air.

Plenty of threats ahead anyway!

Mitagating all model depictions - ((SST's) more along the line of Nov.)) One would think any Easterly component will torch the CP.

It's alive the board again!!!!!

I think this concern is legit given the LP in question isn't exactly bombing on its way by and there is a decent easterly component. At some point inland it won't matter but not sure where that would be.

You know it's GAME ON when HM shows up.

Winter straight ahead folks. GFS is rolling.

How have you been? I have been around, including this subforum. Lately, I was frequently posting in the Mid-Atlantic. I feel like I bounce around a lot with these subforums. I got my eyes on the entire Northeast Corridor with this upcoming storm though!!

I think this concern is legit given the LP in question isn't exactly bombing on its way by and there is a decent easterly component. At some point inland it won't matter but not sure where that would be.

Usually 128 is probably a good line in this type of setup...the CAD setup should have a more northerly component once you go not far inland.

How have you been? I have been around, including this subforum. Lately, I was frequently posting in the Mid-Atlantic. I feel like I bounce around a lot with these subforums. I got my eyes on the entire Northeast Corridor with this upcoming storm though!!

I have been good, living in NH now teaching at a boarding school. Still get back to my home in NYC metro every month to visit my family, spent some snowless times down there over Christmas. I think this could be an interesting storm, definitely presents a p-type challenge with the cut-off initially so far west pumping in a lot of WAA, but the 1024mb high over Quebec giving a CAD signal for Eastern New England. I definitely think the Monadnocks and ORH hills could get smoked given the trends in modeling, but we'll see what the 0z GFS says.

I have been good, living in NH now teaching at a boarding school. Still get back to my home in NYC metro every month to visit my family, spent some snowless times down there over Christmas. I think this could be an interesting storm, definitely presents a p-type challenge with the cut-off initially so far west pumping in a lot of WAA, but the 1024mb high over Quebec giving a CAD signal for Eastern New England. I definitely think the Monadnocks and ORH hills could get smoked given the trends in modeling, but we'll see what the 0z GFS says.

I agree about the upcoming storm and glad to see you teaching!

The glaring difference between this one and 12/23 is the CAD / cold air source. 00z GFS is rolling in now.

HM, you've been in here alot this season.

What can I say, I can't get enough of you guys! Maybe I'll start getting a reputation by showing up the most in the subforum I think will see the most snow out of an upcoming event! :axe:

Highs like your area, especially if the low tracks se. Now if its closer, you may warm up, but you have several things going for your area right now...right now as in before the rest of the 00z runs come out.

Is there a swath that he is in, that goes from Bedford or so up through... I dunno, Topsfield? (maybe too close to the ocean) that does well in this type of setup?

Archived