• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Thursday's storm ...Rain, wind, snow and ice?

OKpowdah

One feature that is sticking out like a sore thumb on the 00z NAM vs 18z is the vortex north of Maine...its much more potent/further south than the 18z run. The 528dm height line is probably 150 miles south of the 18z position just north of Vim Toot's house.

edit: this is comparing 42h on the 00z nam to 48h on the 18z run

Yeah, Its colder up here

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One feature that is sticking out like a sore thumb on the 00z NAM vs 18z is the vortex north of Maine...its much more potent/further south than the 18z run. The 528dm height line is probably 150 miles south of the 18z position just north of Vim Toot's house.

Looks like it's going to help deflect this a bit further SE?

ULL over the GL is further S & W.

Man, the NAM nearly holds the snow line in northern MA for a bulk of this storm..it halts between 12z and 15z as the mid-level flow at 850mb is turning more easterly...basically cold conveyor belt beginning to feed into it. Should be interesting to see the other guidance as the NAM had been the warmest by far.

Favor the cold solutions. I know there's some uncertainty, but I think this one is shearish and further S&E. Will up into SNH will do well, and maybe west too...Ray?

Yeah I think best call right now is a 3-6 advisory event N+W of 495 (lol)...maybe 2-3" for TOL. Maybe a thin stripe of warning 6-7" in the elevations near Socks? Could change obviously and I wouldn't throw this forecast on tv...but that would be my guess at 60 hours out.

Looks like it starts between 06z and 09z on the NAM for most of us...I think it will change us over too, but it definitely is colder than the torched 18z run which didn't have much snow at all on the front end.

Rindge gets smoked on this run...0C line looks as if it's around KFIT for the height of the storm. I am starting to have faith that the Monadnocks can pull out at least an advisory event, maybe warning criteria. I wonder if QPF could be overmodeled however with the mid-levels being a bit disorganized compared to a classic CCB.

Man, the NAM nearly holds the snow line in northern MA for a bulk of this storm..it halts between 12z and 15z as the mid-level flow at 850mb is turning more easterly...basically cold conveyor belt beginning to feed into it. Should be interesting to see the other guidance as the NAM had been the warmest by far.

It weakened the vortmax some and was further se with it as it passed SNE- closer to what the globals (aside from the ukmet I think) showed today. I think that'll be key as a more amped vort probably hurts more than helps

Archived