• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thursday's storm ...Rain, wind, snow and ice?

OKpowdah

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First couple of creeps NW...Will's east side of trough FTW? I hope not. But time is going to tell.....

I think Will up into the SNH and SVT areas are in very good shape right now. Not as sure well north, much less certain south for temps. We shall see, beats what we've been tracking the last two weeks which is Kev's mood swings.

First couple of creeps NW...Will's east side of trough FTW? I hope not. But time is going to tell.....

I think Will up into the SNH and SVT areas are in very good shape right now. Not as sure well north, much less certain south for temps. We shall see, beats what we've been tracking the last two weeks which is Kev's mood swings.

That trough could screw some areas. We'll have to wait until 00z for sure.

Looks like we had our CAD/confluence correction south and now we're getting our southern stream correction north. That GL upper low digs quite a bit more on this run. Maybe a little more interaction with the southern stream vort to boot it a bit north?

It was slightly further south on this run then 12z and stronger as the trough was digging further SE

Looks like we had our CAD/confluence correction south and now we're getting our southern stream correction north. That GL upper low digs quite a bit more on this run. Maybe a little more interaction with the southern stream vort to boot it a bit north?

Congrats on the snow up there.

If Tebow reads this forum he would surely have seen that all I wanted was 2" and was more than willing to let you and Ray jackpot. :bag:

God bless you....I hold no ill will. You can have 10" of snow. I'll take my icing event and thank the lord for what weather I get.

In all seriousness....the cruddy resolution GFS is starting to show decent CAD at 925mb...which is a definite signal for potential icing if the mid-levels end up trending warmer. The CAD has been a very large increase on all guidance since yesterday. Starting to remind me of the trend leading up to 12/16/07...although obviously the antecedent airmass is much warmer than that event...but that high is in a good spot for CAD...and the CAD may be enough to even affect the mid-levels significantly. Maybe Ray will end up getting decent snow afterall in his NE MA location while Kevin gets a 33F rainstorm and ORH gets front end snow to 30F ice.

Looking like a prolonged event. A few inches up north, possible warnign criteria, but continued upslope. I'm thinking ski areas could end up with a foot by Sat. AM. Am I out to lunch or is this a possibility?

As for here in Lowell, it's lookign like we could even end up with possible warning criteria.

Yea, suicide warnings should be issued by about 18z tmw.

God bless you....I hold no ill will. You can have 10" of snow. I'll take my icing event and thank the lord for what weather I get.

In all seriousness....the cruddy resolution GFS is starting to show decent CAD at 925mb...which is a definite signal for potential icing if the mid-levels end up trending warmer. The CAD has been a very large increase on all guidance since yesterday. Starting to remind me of the trend leading up to 12/16/07...although obviously the antecedent airmass is much warmer than that event...but that high is in a good spot for CAD...and the CAD may be enough to even affect the mid-levels significantly. Maybe Ray will end up getting decent snow afterall in his NE MA location while Kevin gets a 33F rainstorm and ORH gets front end snow to 30F ice.

Oh how I prey, but I doubt it.

Yea, suicide warnings should be issued by about 18z tmw.

Yeah, I'm really not seeing warning criteria here, especially now with the 18hr correction, but I thought it could be a possibility. Little concerned with what's above 850. Is it warmer?

So sick of the snow to our north I built the cabin in the mountians. Of course it's sucked only slightly less this winter.

What does your gut say?

At the moment, my guts says we are going to get some ice...some snow on the front end before that. But I fully expect the following to happen:

1. The NAM will have a run between now and tomorrow that gives most of SNE 8-10" of snow.

2. Euro will keep oscillating between colder and warmer in the mid-levels, but gradually be trending warmer.

3. The GFS will show 40F and rain for you at some point when the Euro and other models have 29F and ZR.

Archived