• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Thursday's storm ...Rain, wind, snow and ice?

OKpowdah

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm just guessing here...but thinking some of the pessimism might be from the feet upon feet of snow that has fallen in SNE thus far this winter season. LOL.

That's putting emotion in science though, every setup is unique, we are in the midst of a radical pattern change, perhaps a good idea to not totally ignore signals as some have done. Not saying anything much happens for you or I, but this is not a SWFE as modeled either.

That's putting emotion in science though, every setup is unique, we are in the midst of a radical pattern change, perhaps a good idea to not totally ignore signals as some have done. Not saying anything much happens for you or I, but this is not a SWFE as modeled either.

yeah...i don't know...i think most are staying pretty level headed. if anything, the recent run of bad luck has probably helped create some good objective thinking.

Well despite the SREF mean ticking ever so slightly warmer, the snow probs went way up...so that suggests that maybe only a few members are skewing the mean and that many have significant snow falling over the interior of SNE...CNE is still looking the best

f12s69.gif

Well despite the SREF mean ticking ever so slightly warmer, the snow probs went way up...so that suggests that maybe only a few members are skewing the mean and that many have significant snow falling over the interior of SNE...CNE is still looking the best

Is that a glitch? the 12+ probability being greater than the 8+

yeah...i don't know...i think most are staying pretty level headed. if anything, the recent run of bad luck has probably helped create some good objective thinking.

Not sure I agree here ... I don't think it is very objective to ignore positives in lieu of wanton abuse lol

whdh going all rain with highs approaching 50 obviously expecting it to trend warmer, wbz has mostly rain with snow possible inland. I'd say BOX probably is the most optimistic of all as far as snow in sne.

We might not come within 15 degrees of that.

Actually a pretty good thump event. This time you guys actually want the northern stream further west so it stays out of the picture.

Also root for the southern vortex to keep it's definition, if it gets sheared apart then dynamics won't be as good for the front end thump.

1 what?

1 of ORHWxmans 3 things he think would happen

1. The NAM will have a run between now and tomorrow that gives most of SNE 8-10" of snow.

2. Euro will keep oscillating between colder and warmer in the mid-levels, but gradually be trending warmer.

3. The GFS will show 40F and rain for you at some point when the Euro and other models have 29F and ZR.

One feature that is sticking out like a sore thumb on the 00z NAM vs 18z is the vortex north of Maine...its much more potent/further south than the 18z run. The 528dm height line is probably 150 miles south of the 18z position just north of Vim Toot's house.

edit: this is comparing 42h on the 00z nam to 48h on the 18z run

Archived