• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thursday's storm ...Rain, wind, snow and ice?

OKpowdah

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in the realm of reality--what type of qpf is this giving? I can't see anything approaching double digits with the movement of this. Maybe I'm off. Rather, probably I'm off.

Max qpf looks to be in the 0.75" to 1.00" range. I'd probably lean on the lower end of that spectrum at the moment.

I do think it is funny how gun shy and cautious everyone is. This is not going over HFD or BOS.

If the antecedent air mass was better, I'd be hitting this event really hard. But its killing us in this setup. However, there is still a pretty good singal for frozen even with this putrid air mass. The high location and strength is almost identical to the Dec 2008 ice storm...so if the mid-levels end up warmer, there is definitely a threat for ice. That said, this could still end up snowier.

I do think it is funny how gun shy and cautious everyone is. This is not going over HFD or BOS.

I don't understand your statement, Steve. There is no reason right now to be bullish for snow in SNE. Now ice...that's different....we actually have a nice high and CAD signature for the interior, but that will not help the mid levels.

I don't understand your statement, Steve. There is no reason right now to be bullish for snow in SNE. Now ice...that's different....we actually have a nice high and CAD signature for the interior, but that will not help the mid levels.

I was speaking of on air Mets and some real jaded folks here. I will say this though, any other year if the GEFS was showing a -5 SD 850 inflow with solid -0 850 s like this, there would be some real gung Ho forecasts. This is impressive for an ENS forecast, slow mover too. If this is right its going to dump a lot closer to the coast than most think

de10e19b.jpg

07e408c1.jpg

12cc4f48.jpg

It would be nice.

Not counting on anything, just watching the discussions, and taking it all in at this point.

The CAD seems to be strong enough that a lot of places could start off as snow even if they do go to rain. Heck and hour or two of moderate snow before a flip would be a win at this point.

The CAD seems to be strong enough that a lot of places could start off as snow even if they do go to rain. Heck and hour or two of moderate snow before a flip would be a win at this point.

I would take anything at this point, even as much as I despise the snow to rain events. Especially since this was looking like a rainer for my area not too long ago, I'd take a 1/2" of wet snow, roll around in it, and hold tight for the next event.

Archived