• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Thursday's storm ...Rain, wind, snow and ice?

OKpowdah

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You jerk lol

ah man, what can you do -

anyway, this type of sudden product discrepancy ... I'd like to get word on the success of the initialization before signing onto that discontinuity aloft ...

That was my first thought...initialization error. Who knows? maybe.. But this is a pattern change during a year of mucho model difficulties so maybe the GFS farted (just like my puppy laying next to me....ugghh) I will be driving from Webster to Logan airprt Thursday at 2 pm....should be an interesting drive and I will know intimately how this storm is breaking down from the far interior to the immediate coast. I pass right near Ray on 93.

It definitely is colder, especially near Ray.

Even with the GFS tracking west...the one theme of the 00z suite is that all guidance thus far has increased the CAD signal even more. GFS has a better CAD signal, but unfortunately it decided to rip that vortmax too far west to really take advantage of it...but to even still get several hours of snow out of that solution shows the power of the CAD.

The Ukie totally squashed the mid-level low to the south and keeps it all snow probably near and north of the pike. GFS even squashed the sfc low really good.

Even with the GFS tracking west...the one theme of the 00z suite is that all guidance thus far has increased the CAD signal even more. GFS has a better CAD signal, but unfortunately it decided to rip that vortmax too far west to really take advantage of it...but to even still get several hours of snow out of that solution shows the power of the CAD.

The Ukie totally squashed the mid-level low to the south and keeps it all snow probably near and north of the pike. GFS even squashed the sfc low really good.

I think that feature is is a strong one. I mean if the GFS can show it well..you know it's there big time. I kind of like the wind direction in the lower 2000ft or so across your area. CAD and upslope combined to help out.

Yeah this is nothing more than typical run-up idiosyncratic solution - people shouldn't be so willing to bite on that GFS

I'm starting to wonder if you are not the sole impetus behind this hollow negativity push - haha

It's like this....I'm going to assume that we'll get fooked at least excuse imaginable until something bucks that trend.

If there is room to be mainly rain, then it will be.

I went for it on Dec 23, and got the shaft.

I think that feature is is a strong one. I mean if the GFS can show it well..you know it's there big time. I kind of like the wind direction in the lower 2000ft or so across your area. CAD and upslope combined to help out.

Yeah this is a case where the coldest layer of the atmosphere below H75 or so is probably going to be around 900mb or 925mb...if we can hang onto snow, then I think the CAD will really help enhance the precip rates...we saw this in the 12/16/07 event.

It's like this....I'm going to assume that we'll get fooked at least excuse imaginable until something bucks that trend.

If there is room to be mainly rain, then it will be.

I went for it on Dec 23, and got the shaft.

lmao - I stand corrected! You had me at least excuse :lmao:

That was my first thought...initialization error. Who knows? maybe.. But this is a pattern change during a year of mucho model difficulties so maybe the GFS farted (just like my puppy laying next to me....ugghh) I will be driving from Webster to Logan airprt Thursday at 2 pm....should be an interesting drive and I will know intimately how this storm is breaking down from the far interior to the immediate coast. I pass right near Ray on 93.

Where you headed?

I'm out of the loop, but good luck to those who are in it. At least a good chunk of New England will be blanketed white.

Dude, relax. You're fine. Minus the GFS solution from everything over the last 24 hours and what do you have? An intriguing prospect to reverse the curse here.

It's one run, with no support and discontinuous at that ;)

Edit, oh, I think you mean you're crashing - HA. cool.. Still, I don't think things are bad for you in this -

Archived